We are seeking a motivated Web Developer. In this position, you will implement solutions for our public websites, support online marketing activities, analytics, and social initiatives. Additionally, you will play a vital role in the implementation of Content Protection using a broad range of strategies and technologies that are critical to the security of our proprietary content. We'll give you top-notch development hardware and drop you into a high-performing team so you can contribute immediately.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the development manager to understand requirements and translate into system requirements and designs.
- Develop rich user experiences that will be used on a daily basis all throughout the company both internally and externally.
• Minimum of a B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or engineering-related degree, with at least two years' experience contributing to the delivery of complex customer-facing web sites.
- Experience with Node.js
- Knowledgeable in MVVM, SPA, AJAX
- Comfortable working with JSON and RESTful APIs
- Strong in responsive web design, mobile web app, cross-browser compatibility
- Good understanding of web standards
- Familiar with John Papa's Angular Style Guide
- Understand the technologies and capabilities needed to protect video assets. Starz requires various levels of online video protection, and in some instances, those protections are a regulatory or contractual requirement for publishers and rights holders. Now more than ever, content protection is critical as users expand their video viewing across a multitude of devices.
- PlayReady (Edge/IE)
- Widevine (Chrome/Firefox)
- FairPlay (Safari)
- Experience with multiple Closed Caption formats.
- Proven experience with at least one of the following video players.
- JW Player
- Knowledgeable in Git / Git Flow
- Comfortable implementing design patterns
- Familiar with Agile methodology and ready to use it to deliver our implementations
- Ability to absorb information quickly and bring yourself up to speed in an unfamiliar environment
- Self-driven with the ability to seek out requirements with minimal direction
- Experience designing, building and deploying systems from the ground-up
- Windows and Linux/Mac experience
- Individual contributor, and team player with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
STARZ offers a competitive compensation package and an attractive benefits program to all eligible employees including a variety of healthcare plans, dental and vision insurance, 401k, life/disability insurance, Eligible employees will enjoy paid time off in the form of vacation and company holidays.
STARZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
STARZ is the ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more. Characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you. From bold Original Series to the best movies, whatever you love, STARZ ignites your passions.
Starz (www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that provides premium subscription video programming on domestic U.S. pay television networks and produces and distributes content for worldwide audiences, including its investment in the STARZ PLAY Arabia OTT service.
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 12:23:05 PDT