Help Desk / IT / Network Support Engineer
Please read the specific instructions below to apply!
We are a fast growing, technology company that needs to take our game to the next level. We are looking for an energetic and organized person who knows what it means to take charge and who expects to be held accountable for results. You will be responsible for one thing - excellence in customer service - ensuring that our customers are delighted and wow'd by every interaction with you and your colleagues. We are a results driven organization and our quality of service tops all else. Customers can choose from thousands of IT firms, and our team understands this well. WIth that comes accountability for providing excellence. We want perfection...really. If you find yourself thinking that something is good enough, you probably shouldn't apply here. You won't make it. You will be given the freedom to be yourself in this role, as well as provided the tools necessary to be successful.
You will keep your work efficient, thorough and accurate. You will be self aware and you aim to do a better job than every single person around you. Creative, energetic, organized, and a self-starter, you understand how to work with people at every level in every department, and find ways to pull the passion and fun out of everyone. You will pitch in where needed when client satisfaction would benefit from it. This means - you'll help with things not necessarily related to incoming phone calls, but you'll help with marketing campaigns and send mailers, call vendors, coordinate training, etc. whatever the company needs.
How do you know if you fit? Well, some things about you:
- You love doing a little bit of everything. You thrive with your hands in everything. You understand that even if you've never done it before, there's always a first.
- You love getting involved with new projects. Something new? Never done it before? Bring it on! All I need is the vision and Google, and I'll get pretty far along on my own, and will gladly work with the team to learn anything else with pleasure.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment. Boredom is your enemy. I want to work on many things, look up and realize hours have passed.
- You're high energy. A powerhouse even without your afternoon espresso. You're vibrant and energetic in all that you do.
- You're an owner. You take on a project from end-to-end with little guidance. You ask for help when necessary, but you don't drop the ball and assume the person you asked to help is suddenly the owner of that task.
- You don't ask for permission, you just go for it and make things better within the guidelines you've been given. You are also intelligent enough to know when you SHOULD ask for permission.
- You want to grow yourself and make an impact on the growth of those around you.
- You realize the potential in everyone and everything.
Our Network Support Engineers serve as the first line of technical support for all clients and you will be the center of this team. Most work is completed via remote connectivity. Looking for technical person that is interested in learning and growing (this is KEY). MANY opportunities to be involved in application and migration projects, training; Microsoft Partner functions while supporting many diverse clients. You will be exposed to all the latest and greatest technology as well as have access to everything Microsoft has to offer.
In this position, the Support Engineers drive client satisfaction and team efficiency by ensuring all business metrics are addressed appropriately. This is achieved by hosting on-going meetings with the technical teams, refining processes to improve service delivery, monitoring & managing key business metrics, and managing the development of the professional services team's skill sets. Our clients are mostly located in the suburbs and Chicago (but it varies based on need) and our offices are located in Chicago. This position will primarily be based at our Oakbrook Terrace location. Self-motivated, organized and outgoing person will work well in this environment. We are an energetic and busy group with a solid customer base and a growing need to add additional people to our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- It is both an educational experience and a demanding full time job that requires a high level of multitasking.
- It gives the Support Engineer the opportunity to learn new skills as it covers all aspects of network support ranging from Active Directory, Exchange Server, Windows Server, System Center, Citrix, Windows 7 & 8 & 10 deployments and other administration.
- It expects the Support Engineer to recommend industry best practice solutions to clients when on site and to observe and recommend solutions that address their business needs, whether the client recognizes the need or not.
- Ensure exceptional client satisfaction is consistently delivered and maintained
- Lead the implementation of overall Technical Service strategies, objectives and metrics while focusing on improving efficiency and automation.
- Drive the highest levels of performance from each team member thru coaching, training, mentoring, and performance metrics.
- Serve as the escalation point for technical support issues.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently followed and updated as necessary
- Host and participate in daily team meetings to review, reprioritize and reassign service requests
- Work closely with the project manager on the hand off of projects to the support team
- Participate in weekly service/project meetings
- Ensure the team responds to after hour's calls and emergencies quickly and efficiently
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to improve service delivery and participate in improving project offerings.
- Assist in hiring and staffing decisions within the service department.
- The ability to routinely multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain expert knowledge of key products and services including Microsoft Operating Systems, Office applications, network routing, anti-virus solutions, and other key technology offerings
- Effectively prioritize service requests, escalations along with other duties and tasks on a daily basis
- Ability to hold the team accountable to the key business metrics
Desired Technical Skills
Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows Server, Exchange, Office 365, Citrix, Firewalls (Cisco, Fortinet, Sonicwall), Routers, Desktop Imaging, Networking, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Remote Access, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, Exchange Server, Group Policy. Additional third party application skills and network infrastructure a plus.
Desired Soft Skills
Ability to heavily multitask, excellent written and verbal skills, ability to understand business concepts and operations, independent worker, punctual, professional, asks detailed questions. This role requires an organized individual with excellent time management skills.
Must possess the drive to enhance skills on their own time when necessary at home or in office. There are more opportunities for training than most can consume ranging from Microsoft server products to desktop deployments, to application packaging and everything in between.
Other Qualifications We Seek
- Leadership - Drive - Integrity - Ability to work with a team - Ability to work independently
- Formal presentation and speaking skills - You must be a great communicator, both verbal and written
- Persuasiveness and ability to adapt to a very dynamic environment - This is a technology field and it's fast moving
- Level headed - Your tolerance for stress must exceed the average person - this is an extremely fast and dynamic environment
- Excels in team collaboration and efficiency
- Driven, dedicated contributor that expects high quality results from him/herself and the team he/she leads
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills
- Ability to collaborate, establish and maintain credible and influential relationships at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with Windows Server, Exchange Server, and Windows 7, 8 and 10 or Linux operating systems desired
- A record of achievement. We want to see what you've accomplished. Show us examples from school, work or extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments to meet objectives.
- Must have ability to write client ready documentation, emails, proposals, and project plans with proper grammar, punctuation, as well as professional verbal support of the same.
What will you do on a day to day basis?
- Provide accurate and timely technology support and problem resolution to our clients.
- Provide support for everyday support requests by phone, email, and onsite support related to workstation and server management, networking hardware, software and hardware malfunctions, user account creation and maintenance, etc.
- Interact and consult with clients to provide satisfaction, guidance, assistance, and follow up.
- Build rapport with clients and their end users to establish confidence, credibility, and high levels of co-operation.
- Train users by constant re-enforcement and assistance.
Throughout the course of each day, our organization delivers the absolute highest quality and reliable technical support and network design-implementation to small and medium organizations between 5 to 250 computers with multiple servers. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner, focusing on network infrastructure, advanced network infrastructure and managed services. Established in 2000, the company employs a diverse and elite group of highly capable senior engineers focused on providing IT strategy and ongoing operational support.
Our clients are mostly located in both the suburbs and Chicago and our offices are located in the suburbs in Oakbrook Terrace. You will travel between these sites depending on need. Self-motivated, organized and being an outgoing person will work well in this environment. We are an energetic and busy group with a solid customer base and a growing need to add additional people to our team. This position requires heavy multitasking, use of technology software to ease the burden on the support specialist, and is extremely challenging. Even for seasoned IT professionals, a role as an IT consultant is a very challenging one. This is a position in which the staff is held to the highest standards and will be held accountable to use our proven methodologies.
- Must have the following qualities:
- Business savvy: You are smart and you understand the business implications of your ideas. You are successful in translating classroom training into workplace solutions.
- Results focused: You always give it your best but you're not satisfied until you've accomplished what you intended on completing.
- Solutions oriented: Problems excite you. Obstacles are merely challenges waiting to be overcome. You are not easily dissuaded from your goals.
- Personable: You will be interacting with all levels of employees and people from executive management, warehouse staff, and everyone in between... You are comfortable with dealing with people from all walks of life.
- Geographically mobile: After completing support training, many assignments will be on site at client facilities.
What do we offer?
Opportunity to have an impact on the growth and path of both our organization and our client organizations
You will learn more in this job than you've learned in your career - in just the first few months. Really - we have Master's Degree candidates who learn more in their first three months with us than they learned in the entire college and work history.
We offer free training
We pay for your certifications
We give raises for each certification you obtain
Throughout the course of each day, our organization delivers the absolute highest quality and reliable technical support and network design-implementation to small and medium organizations between 5 to 1000 computers with multiple servers. We are a Microsoft Certified Partner, focusing on network infrastructure, advanced network infrastructure and managed services. Established in 2000, the company employs a diverse and elite group of highly capable senior engineers focused on providing IT strategy and ongoing operational support.
Our offices are located in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and there may be times you need to travel to our customer sites, generally in the Chicagoland area. Self-motivated, organized and being an outgoing person will work well in this environment. We are an energetic and busy group with a solid customer base and a growing need to add additional people to our team. This position requires heavy multitasking, use of technology software to ease the burden on the support specialist, and is extremely challenging. Even for seasoned professionals, a role in a service based firm is a very challenging one. This is a position in which the staff is held to the highest standards and will be held accountable to use our proven methodologies.
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 20:25:43 PDT