Experienced Professional Web Designer
This position entails a blend of web page coding and graphic design. You will not be designing entire websites, you will be designing promotional marketing web pages with various elements and layouts, along with the promotional graphics that go along with them.
The workload that comes along with this position tends to come in waves. When holidays approach, the amount of work increases significantly. This means there may be times where working longer hours are required, but on a day to basis it isn't the norm. With that also comes an offset of being able to take the time back off after the rush is over. It's a balancing act, but we are understanding and as fair as possible with it.
- You must be fluent and able to hand code HTML and CSS. This is not an entry level position. We are looking for experienced front-end coders.
- Must be comfortable and/or have an understanding of basic front-end script functionality. While we do not work with PHP, it is similar to understanding PHP.
- Should have a familiarity with page includes, jQuery, if-statements, ect.
- Must be an excellent designer. Both web(page layout) and graphic(Photoshop). Illustrator is a huge plus.
- Must be self-sufficient. We need people who can follow direction and take the ball and run with it.
- Must be highly productive. This is a deadline driven position and missing deadlines isn't an option.
- You must be able to work well in a collaborative, team environment.
- Attention to detail is crucial. You will be following strict instruction on what is needed to be on these pages. You must be able to read it through and deliver the goods with precision.
To wrap this up, we need a highly skilled front-end designer who can design and cleanly code visually appealing landing pages for the various brands and industries we specialize in.
You can read all about our company at https://retailerwebservices.com/.
Retailer Web Services is an Arizona LLC dedicated to fulfilling our mission statement through all we do. It is not possible to be all things to all people. To truly serve your customers to the highest standard, you must focus all efforts on them and avoid distraction. That's why we hyper-focus our resources and our products so that everything we do, we do exceptionally well!
We don't make websites for dentists. We don't make software for restaurants. We won't help our friend's cousin who needs a mobile app for their snow-cone stand. RWS makes the industry's best software and websites for independent retailers selling Appliances, Consumer Electronics, Furniture, Mattresses, Decorative Plumbing & Hardware and Lawn & Garden.
RWS does this exclusively. RWS does this better than anyone else!
What We Offer
Our primary goal is to create one of the best places in the world to work. Here at Retailer Web Services (RWS), we believe a strong team of talented and industrious professionals are what grows a good product into the best product. To accomplish this, RWS seeks out individuals that are not just skilled and qualified, but are also dedicated, fun to work with, and true contributors. We recognize our responsibility of creating an environment that fosters this and are dedicated to holding up our end of that bargain!
Here are some things we do to make working at our company enjoyable:
- Super Casual Environment - Each employee at RWS enjoys a friendly, quiet, low stress atmosphere, has a private office, and all the best computer equipment and software. We don't wear posh suits, deal with obsessive management, sit through unending meetings, or deal with colossal bureaucracy.
We offer a super casual work environment, private offices - we say that again - private offices with doors that close! We thought it would also be worth mentioning: our company sponsored happy hours (yup, that's right, beer), breakfasts provided by a personal chef every Monday.
- Paid Time Off - Part of working hard effectively includes taking time to recharge.
The RWS offices are closed on most major holidays. Whenever our offices are closed for a holiday, our employees enjoy paid days off, an average of 8-10 per year.
In addition to these paid holidays, RWS offers 2 weeks of Paid Time Off per year.
- 401K - Retailer Web Services is proud to offer a top tier 401k plan from Vanguard to all of our employees after only 6 months of employment. With a shorter vesting period and company match our 401k plan allows our employees to build a larger retirement savings faster.
-Health - RWS offers your choice of two of the best health insurance plans offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our employees are eligible for coverage once they have completed 1 full month of employment.
-Vision - In addition health insurance coverage, RWS also provides vision coverage to all employees enrolled in either of our health care plans and pays for 100% of the premium. Coverage assists with exams and the purchase of equipment like contacts, frames and prescription lenses.
-Life - RWS provides every employee with a $25,000 Life and AD&D Insurance Policy from Companion Life and covers 100% of the premiums on your behalf. We hope none of our employees will ever need to use this insurance, but also take great pride and comfort knowing that we could help provide stability in the worst of times for the loved ones of our team members.
- Other Cool Stuff - We really try to make our environment and work experience enjoyable for our employees. Here are some other things to add to the list:
- Internal company Happy Hours on the last Friday of every month
- Pool Table
- Ping-pong Table
- XBOX One
- Random Company Events (Top Golf, External Happy Hours, Catered Lunches, ect)
- Breakfast and snacks all the time - Monday mornings are always special and our breakroom is always stocked with yogurt, cereal bar, and random breakfast foods for everyone to enjoy.
- Annual Holiday Party
- Company Football Pools
- Holiday Decoration Contests
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Office Location - We are in North Scottsdale right across the street from The Scottsdale Quarter and Kierland Commons. Lots of shopping and places to eat within a walking distance.
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 10:03:45 PDT