Visiting Research Coordinator - College of Agricultural and Consumer Economics (A1700552)
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences
Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Visiting Research Coordinator, University of Illinois Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics. This is a full-time visiting academic professional position which may become non-visiting at a later date depending upon funding and programmatic need.
Primary Function of Position:
The primary function of the Visiting Research Coordinator is to, under the direction of the Principal Investigator, manage the project titled "Using Precision Technology in On-farm Field Trials to Enable Data-Intensive Fertilizer Management", which is a four million dollar research project funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The Visiting Research Coordinator will the track the project's finances and performance, coordinate work among the six core partner institutions, manage internal and external communications with partners in the U.S. and South America, and manage the project's website.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Principal Investigator on management, administrative, and implementation issues of the project and maintain clear communication with the Principal Investigator on all aspects of project performance and implementation.
- Identify opportunities and challenges in meeting project output objectives and work with project staff including research leads, partners, and participating farmers to meet project performance goals.
- Conduct and coordinate internal and external communications.
- Manage all aspects of grant execution to comply with University and funding agency guidelines, deadlines, and regulations; including but not limited to the annual work plans, output documentation, report preparation and budget management.
- Develop and implement a tracking system that will facilitate close communication with all involved parties in order to oversee monthly invoices from sub-awardees.
- Write performance reports for review and submission to USDA by the Principal Investigator, tracking the financial and performance aspects of the project, and maintaining up to date project records.
- Design, plan and coordinate strategic and programmatic activities among research partners.
- Manage print publications and website for the project.
- Expand, both in scale and in time, the project through the acquisition of additional funding.
- Oversee dissemination of information about the project for University of Illinois faculty and students, partners, and stakeholders.
- Represent the project and demonstrate strong administrative responsibility, while advocating for the goals and initiatives of the project and the University of Illinois.
- Occasional supervision student hourly employees as needed.
- Undertake occasional travel for project meetings, workshops and conferences.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree.
Education Preferred: Master's degree.
Required: Experience is required in agricultural communications.
Preferred: Budget management. Report writing. Fluency in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. Website management. Experience managing/coordinating other projects. Proficiency in information and communication technologies. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
Training, Licenses or Certifications:
Required: Valid driver's license.
Preferred: Background training in professional writing.
Required: Ability to act independently and use sound judgment in responding on behalf of project. Excellent analytical skills and abilities. Excellent English writing and communications skills. Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
Position: The position is classified as a 100%-time visiting appointment. This position may become non-visiting at a later time, dependent upon funding and programmatic needs.
Salary/Appointment: Commensurate with education and experience. The starting date will as soon as possible after the closing date.
Procedures: Candidate profiles should be created and letters of application and resume uploaded at http://jobs.illinois.edu. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by September 28, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information, candidates may contact Melissa Warmbier, 217-333-8859, email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Research Coordinator - College of Agricultural and Consumer Economics (A1700552)
Open Date: 09/07/2017
Close Date: 09/28/2017
Organization Name: Agr and Consumer Economics