Director of Admissions, Outreach and Off-campus Development
The Director of Admissions, Outreach and Off-site Development leads the off-site cohort development team and outreach coordination for the Southern and Northern California region. The Director Admissions is responsible for developing and executing grassroots outreach and recruitment strategies for admissions to stimulate new enrollment growth for Pasadena Campus, San Jose Campuses and all programs. The incumbent identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
The recruitment and admissions territory includes areas of Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Santa Jose and San Diego Counties. This position blends the responsibilities of recruitment & outreach planning and execution, new enrollment partnership development, management of off-site locations team, and administrative work.
This position is located in Pasadena and reports directly to the Associate Vice President, Admissions.
Outreach and Off-Site Cohort Development:
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Serve as primary lead for the admissions department outreach and recruitment efforts, including such activities as one-one meetings, group meetings, off-site and campus events.
- Develop and execute new strategies for creating and/or strengthening relationships with community partners and stakeholders for Pasadena and San Jose Campus.
- Develop and implement grassroots efforts and marketing plans in collaboration with AVP of Admissions, Marketing Teams, and Academic Departments.
- Travel throughout territories to engage in the development of partnerships and student recruitment, attending conferences, transfer fairs, individual consultations, etc.
- Assess demand and need for specific degree programs throughout recruitment territories.
- Propose academic programs to external organizations and institutions in need of our degree programs which may be held at off-site locations, on-campus and/or online.
- Collaborate with other areas of the institution to anticipate the needs of new off-site academic programs and outreach efforts.
- Serve as primary coordinator of admissions-related events such as information sessions, open houses and instant decision days to stimulate inquiry generation and new enrollments
- Counsel prospective students through the admissions process, including information about Pacific Oaks College, transfer requirements, application requirements, financial aid and funding options, academic program requirements, etc.
- Develop strategies, metrics, procedures for team performance tracking.
- Develop and execute strategies that lead to successful attainment of inquiry generation and enrollment goals in each start term.
- Manage, motivate, and provide on-going performance feedback to outreach and offsite recruitment team members in collaboration with AVP.
- Continuously review marketing materials, presentations, and recruitment protocol to ensure that all information distributed is accurate, up-to-date, and represents the institution honestly.
- Review completed new student application files to render admissions decisions.
- Serve on various committees throughout the institution.
- Adhere to all state, federal, accreditation, and institutional rules and regulations regarding recruitment and admissions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Experience and demonstrated success managing territories, including assessing business make-up of territory, initiating new business development, account management, and relationship maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail, possess professional interaction, networking, and constituency building skills, demonstrate interesting, dynamic, articulate, credible, and fluid group presentation skills.
- Experience in motivating individuals to achieve their goals, inspire creative thinking and collaborative work.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and reports to track progress towards enrollment goals, including various strategies and their effectiveness
- Ability to conduct all activities in accordance with the highest ethical standards; exhibits professionalism by maintaining a positive attitude and adhering to departmental policies and procedures
- Ability to fairly and without bias, review, assess, and provide constructive feedback on the work of others, creating a nurturing and developmental work environment
- Excellent self-motivating and self-directing skills, including the ability to maintain a high activity/volume rate of production and make independent decisions.
- Knowledge of the Education, Marriage and Family Therapy, Human Development, and teaching subjects and industries.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a college or education environment, with 3 years' experience leading a team of two or more.
- Master's Degree preferred Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 3-4 years' sales experience required.
- Must have a reliable vehicle, valid Driver's license and a good driving record.
- 80% Travel required.
- Use computer-based technology including SIS and CRM systems, Microsoft Office Suite, and internet.
This position is deemed to be and have the following requirements:
- Light work: Carry or lift up to 20 pounds of materials
- Walking or stand for extended periods of time
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pacific Oaks College and Children's School