Visiting Project Coordinator - College of Media (A1700553)
Visiting Project Coordinator
College of Media
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a full-time Visiting Project Coordinator to support professional development and outreach programs in the College of Media. The Visiting Coordinator has primary responsibility for preparing for and hosting Ebertfest. The Visiting Coordinator will also provide support for College programs and events including, but not limited to, Media Career Services alumni outreach.
The Visiting Coordinator provides direction in the development and implementation of programs, marketing materials, policies and objectives related to College of Media programs. The Visiting Coordinator monitors, organizes and helps ensure the timely execution of program/project deliverables; facilitates robust communication among internal and external partners, including sponsors, participants, University departments, and other stakeholders; manages ongoing planning efforts; manages budgets and expenditures; and coordinates and prepares program reports for internal and external audiences.
The Visiting Project Coordinator will:
- Assist in the development of grant, sponsorship, or other funding proposals for programs.
- Assist in the identification and recruitment of speakers and sponsors for programs - both current and future.
- Ensure delivery of promised benefits to sponsors of programs, particularly sponsors of Ebertfest.
- Develop promotional/marketing campaigns and materials for programs. Manage media communication and requests for Ebertfest.
- Oversee video production for events and programs (with vendors, etc.).
- Assist in proposal development and project planning for future activities.
- Recruit and supervise student interns for Ebertfest and other programs, including tasking assignments, provide deadlines and prioritization, and checking progress and completion of tasks.
- Initiate and maintain program communications and documentation. This includes coordinating meetings and larger program events; managing web-based communication tools such as website and mailing lists; tracking discussions and decisions and providing follow-up; and documenting program/project workflows and procedures.
- Develop assessment survey instruments and develop surveys to monitor program effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Oversee program delivery. In the case of offsite (Chicago, other locations) programs, travel will likely be required.
- Manage all Ebertfest festival events, including (but not limited to): panel discussions, free student screening, Ebert Club and filmmaker guests breakfast, Golden Thumb Awards, and Filmmaker guests in classrooms. Managing events includes working with vendors, catering, security and others.
- Serve as primary point of contact for program participants.
- Recognize and address potential problems in program delivery.
- Maintain information for annual reports for each program.
- Manage and execute all logistics for program delivery including identifying and reserving appropriate space, venues, equipment, supplies, etc. and coordinating resources needed to implement the programs.
- Coordinate alumni and industry participation with Media Career Services events.
- Secure alumni and industry facilitators for professional development presentations across college classes and events.
- Manage alumni-related social media initiatives (i.e. LinkedIn).
- Coordinate alumni and industry participation and facilitation for immersion courses.
Required: Bachelor's degree, with a preference for advertising, communication, public relations, or a related field. Minimum of five years of experience in facilitating university (or comparable) programs. Knowledge of and professional experience within the media industry is required. Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute multiple projects on time and on budget. Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and presentation skills. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting. Thorough understanding of media industry practices, processes, standards etc.
Preferred: Knowledge of the University of Illinois system is preferred.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by September 21, 2017. The committee may begin reviewing applications before the closing date but no decision will be made until after the closing date. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, your current resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Cassandra Kenton at (217) 300-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, 12-month academic professional appointment with a start date as soon as possible after the closing date. Position may become regular at a later date. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Media
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Visiting Project Coordinator - College of Media (A1700553)
Open Date: 09/07/2017
Organization Name: College of Media Admin