Working Title: Finance Associate
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, General Medicine
Posting Date: 09-07-2017
The University of Virginia, Department of Medicine, Division of General, Geriatric, Palliative and Hospital Medicine is seeking candidates for the position of Finance Associate to perform fiscal and accounting duties.
This position reviews, processes, and reconciles fiscal transactions and reports in accordance with state and University guidelines; maintains accurate financial records in accordance with all federal, state and University guidelines; and has primary responsibility for divisional financial reconciliation, procurement, travel, accounts payable, and accounts receivable processing. Position includes management of post-award research activities.
A Bachelor's degree is required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) also is required. A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration is preferred along with knowledge of UVA/UPG financial policies and procedures, and UVA Integrated Systems (Financial and UBI reporting applications).
This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply financial information.
2. Knowledge of fiscal operations. Ability to analyze and present information.
3. Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions.
4. Ability to clearly articulate specific information relative to aligned financial functions.
5. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
6. Ability to provide direct support to leaders, as needed.
7. Ability to work accurately and independently with minimal supervision and with attention to detail.
8. Knowledge of various database and software programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82701