Financial Aid Counselor
Posting Date September 7, 2017
Position Title Financial Aid Counselor
Vacancy # V-1377
Department Financial Aid
Division Student Devel And Campus Life
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in the processing of federal and private student loans. The position involves extensive interaction with government agencies and working with batch files that are exchanged with those agencies. This position also includes the general duties of a financial aid counselor, including advising students and parents on application procedures and eligibility, reviewing application documents and working with federal and state agencies in the delivery of aid to students.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps coordinate processing in the Federal Direct Loan program and private loan program. This involves a great deal of detail work, including working exception reports and looking up and correcting data on government web sites.
- Serves as a subject area resource on student loans to assist students and fellow staff members.
- Provides customer service and counseling to students and parents via telephone or in-person regarding financial aid programs and sources of tuition financing with a special emphasis loan programs. Reviews student accounts with families and ensure aid has posted properly to account.
- Prepare and communicate financial aid packages to students through mail and/or electronic notification. Prepare financial aid paperwork for student loans and scholarships. Contact students and families to provide information such as income tax information, referral letters, and verification worksheets to complete student files for edit and verification purposes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience working in a financial aid office preferred.
- Knowledge of automated financial aid systems strongly preferred, including COD, NSLDS, FAA Access and CPS.
- Experience working with the Banner student information system strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion; good judgment, demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to set work priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION