Procurement Specialist IV
Requisition # 2017-7217
Department PPPL Business Operations
Category Financial Services and Procurement
Date Posted 2 months ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Procurement Specialist IV (PS) is responsible for cradle to grave administration of high risk and complex acquisitions. The PS reviews, assesses and executes non-commercial/non-standard high risk complex acquisitions. The PS engages in critical thinking to identify challenges requiring process improvements and systematic upgrades needed to strengthen acquisition performance. The PS is relied upon to employ sound professional experience to produce desired results to the extent in which departmental and laboratory objectives are achieved. The PS is committed to leadership and the high standard of contract activity and reliability. The PS participates in special projects as assigned by the Director of Procurement. The PS assumes the authority fully commensurate with assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Consider and utilize the appropriate contract types. Structure and administer the contract accordingly.
- Prioritize multiple projects, incorporate milestone schedules to promote efficient acquisition methodology while meeting project deadlines. Complex acquisitions are completed within the prescribed cycle-time parameters, files are appropriately documented in the standard format, and the contract represents an unquestionably high standard of contract principles in accordance with the PPPL Procurement Policies and Procedures Manual (PPPM), and best business practices.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, interpret and incorporate the FAR regulations as they are incorporated into PPPL's Prime Contract and Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Develop and exhibit full knowledge of the PPPM.
- Approve and sign contracts. Effectively and independently use assigned authority in all aspects of the procurement process with minimal management review and correction.
- Consistently employ independent problem-solving techniques and skills; including managing procurement/technical meetings, to minimize risk and promote the value of the procurement process.
- Perform closeout of subcontracts in accordance with FAR and within established financial and operational guidelines.
- Outreach and benchmark with other DOE Managing & Operating Contractors (M&O's) to increase the knowledge base required to resolve issues and implement processes that lead to best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field and 12 years of relevant experience, or Master's degree in related field, and 10 years relevant experience with progressively increasing responsibilities. Advanced certification preferred (NCMA, ISM, etc.).
- Relevant experience includes supply chain management experience, significant contract management experience, negotiation and administration (cradle to grave) of complex contractual agreements with emphasis in R&D, engineering, business systems, universities, and/or complex scientific components and systems. Federal government (DOE, DOD, etc.) and/or Manager & Operator (M&O) contractor experience is strongly preferred. Contracting experience in construction, engineering, and/or fabrication is strongly preferred.
- Candidate shall be proficient in the interpretation and implementation of FAR, DEAR and Uniform Commercial Code with proven experience in all aspects of federal procurement rules and regulations, procurement policy manuals, advanced business principles & best practices, negotiating procedures, cost/price analysis and profit analysis.
- Candidate must possess and demonstrate critical thinking skills, and be able to work independently with little direction at times. Strong problem-solving and process improvement skills are imperative.
- Experience in assisting with requirements development, facilitating technical meetings, and a “project management” approach to procurement.
- Knowledge of computer-based procurement systems; demonstrated skills using computers and various software, and strong proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are, therefore, unable or limited in your ability to use or access this system, you can request a reasonable accommodation by calling a Human Resources team member at (609) 258-2101.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory requires some candidates to complete a physical capacity exam successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of physical capacity exam may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Princeton University/Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a residential community and an employer that operates continuously 24 hours a day. Essential services employees perform jobs that are necessary and required to maintain basic University operations during scheduled closures or unscheduled suspension of normal operations due to emergencies, events, or other situations. Essential services employees may be asked and/or required to perform jobs or duties that fall outside of their normal job classification during an emergency event. Learn more about our Essential Services policy.
Go to Princeton University careers site.