Directs and coordinates credit investigations and credit overrides of customers by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Investigating and verify financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, preparing documents to substantiate findings, and recommending rejection or approval of applications.
- Reviews applicant customers' financial statements including balance sheets, statements of operations and cash flows and/or other financial reports and data, including tax returns, Dunn and Bradstreet reports, trade references and bank references in formulating recommendations for credit approvals.
- Reviews customers' account and relevant information to make decisions on credit overrides.
- Prepares monthly customer credit review reports for credit recommendations.
- Establishes credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Negotiate and secure arrangements for payment with delinquent accounts.
- Minimize bad debt while helping the company maximize profitable sales.
- Experience with Management & Corporate reporting, and forecasting.
- Experience with Third Party Collection practices, the legal process, etc..
- Travel required to meet with customers and branch personnel (25%).
- Assigns responsibility for investigation of fraud cases and possible legal action and collection for worthless checks and delinquent bills.
- Establishes and updates customers' credit activities.
- Reviews collection reports to ascertain status of customer accounts to determine increases or decreases to credit limits.
- Coordinates with others, including personnel in company branches and credit card companies, to exchange information and update controls.
- Submits delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data on fraudulent use of credit cards to develop procedures designed to deter or prevent future abuses.
- Assists management in the formulation of credit policies.
- Manages credit and collections system to ensure policies and strategies are up to date and duties carried out timely
- Works with the sales team closely in approving special terms or credit overrides
- Manages service revenue recurring billing activities including chargebacks
- Prepares quarterly bad debt and heat sheet reserve and management report for CEO and Executive Council meetings
- Performs other tasks as assigned, such as special projects
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists management in selection and procurement of credit risk insurance from Industry vendors and performs duties necessary to meet obligations for insuring compliance with contracts and successful collections.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from an accredited business school.
- Great customer service skills and sense of urgency
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- 3 plus years of Management/supervisory skills
- Demonstrate leadership abilities such as mentoring employees as well as address issues promptly for under-performing staff
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of some Accounting software; Explorer Internet software; Excel Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Analytical abilities
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Pays attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative
Our company has created a long-tenured, entrepreneurial culture focused on continuous improvement and professional growth. We offer a Top compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance as well as 401K program.
If you want to grow with a Brand and realize your potential to the fullest! We want YOU!
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Horn Lake, MS
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 09:39:51 PDT