Military & Veteran Outreach Coordinator
The Military and Veteran Outreach Coordinator will be a full time, University Staff (non-classified) position. Under the direction of the Director of the Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs, this position will include: promoting student success in student recruitment, admissions counseling, transcript evaluation, academic advising and on-going current student services and conforms to the mission and values of the Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs within the broader UCCS mission.
- Assess recrutiment strategies and processes for effectiveness and make adjustments and recommendations for enhancement.
- Use application data to drive intentional activities for outreach and yield events.
- Serve as the military representative for both on campus and off campus recruitment/enrollment opportunities.
- Develops and implements recruiting and outreach efforts to prospective students at military bases surrounding Colorado Springs area as well as nationally and internationally.
- Advise Director on recruitment matters, tuition assistance and all military outreach.
- Maintain detailed high-level knowledge of the campus and college programs as well as admission policies and practices.
- Maintain professional manner, environment and presentation that best reflects the University in all capacities.
- Jointly hire work-study students who are familiar with the military community.
- Train agreed upn work-study students to assist in recruiting and admissions counseling.
- Split time with staffing the office at Fort Carson, attending events and working on campus.
- Maintain current list of "military friendly" institutions and organizations, ensuring all deadlines met and that survey for highest category regarding military friendly status is achieved.
- Submit monthly report to Director.
- Select and purchase supplies necessary for office operation through Marketplace, procurement and other means.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with military representatives.
- Engage and coordinate involvement of college faculty and staff in recruitment and enrollment activities as needed.
- Collaborate with the Office of Admissions/Recruitment in planning and implementing recruitment and outreach programs.
- Represent University at recruitment events and programs; venues include, but not limited to: on-campus events, college fairs, job fairs, local conferences, special invitation events on and off campus, Change of Command ceremonies and other military ceremonies/events.
- Collaborate with campus units in the development of college-based recrutiment communication campaigns as related to the military community.
- Assist with Fort Carson Transition University program.
- Provide student recruitment, admissions counseling, unofficial transcript evaluation, academic advising and on-going current student services for military community.
- Use admissions counseling practices to best guide prospective students along the proper enrollment track: immediate UCCS enrollment or potential future transfer enrollment.
- Assist students in course selection and entry of courses into GoArmyEd.
- Other duties as assigned
For the purposes of FLSA this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $45,000.00 - $48,000.00
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree in the arts or sciences.
- Minimum 3 years in admissions recruiting or comparable experience that includes public speaking.
- Experience working in a military community.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Master's degree in arts and sciences, higher education, public administration or related field.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by September 22, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40387 - Military Student Affairs
Posting Date: Sep 7, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Heather Nicholson
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00423106