The Office of Admissions is accepting applications for an Assistant Director. This position will represent the University of Colorado Boulder to various constituents including prospective students, family members, high school counselors, on- and off-campus partners, top scholar enrichment programs, and community leaders. This individual will assist in the development of a recruitment strategy for a designated regional territory. This role executes a wide range of recruitment activities including high school visits, college fairs, area receptions and individual meetings. In addition, this role evaluates admission applications and will join a team driven by clearly shaped enrollment goals.
As the leader of a talented scholar recruitment team, this individual will also take on a significant event planning role, including the planning and execution of high-visibility, personalized events meant to recruit targeted groups of talented students.
This opportunity is ideal for those with a passion for results and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a team-focused and performance driven environment. Expertise in building strong relationships with current and prospective students and campus partners is critical.
What your key responsibilities will be:
Scholar Recruitment Team Leadership
- Develops outreach event planning including: determining event agendas, confirming presenters, working with the Communication/Marketing Team to establish a communication plan, identify and secure all resources required for the program.
- Serves as a liaison to campus partners including: Special Undergraduate Enrichment Programs and the Presidents Leadership Class; and managing partnerships with external organizations including, but not limited to, the Boettcher Foundation.
- Manage, train, supervise, and evaluate one full time staff member as well as support staff, including student staff.
- Participate in all staff development activities.
Strategic Recruitment and Outreach
- Create a recruitment schedule and strategy based on specific targeted high school throughout an assigned regional territory.
- Represent CU Boulder to a broad range of constituents at college fairs, community college visits, large scale receptions and other recruitment activities in this region.
- Regularly pull and analyze historical data to inform recruitment strategy.
- Identify new markets, establishing contacts and maintaining good working relationships with the high school counseling personnel and other institutions of higher education.
- Extensive travel and sound fiscal management of university resources are expected.
- Advises and counsels prospects, applicants, and students on University admissions policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with constituents in the university, high school, and other institutions of higher education, government agencies, community-based organizations and professional organizations regarding the admission of students to CU Boulder.
- Reviews and renders admission decisions on undergraduate applications independently and as an active member of the admission review committee.
- Regularly pulls and analyzes applicant information to ensure a smooth admissions process for students.
Yield Activities Management
- Provide oversight and management of yield activities including: calling nights, note card campaigns and online chats directed toward academically talented students. This involves coordination of several academic units, inner office teams, student workers, Alumni Relations, Parent Relations and senior level administrators.
What you should know:
- This position requires possession of a valid driver's license.
- Some evening and weekend work is required.
- This position will be supervised by the Associate Director of Admissions and will directly supervise an Admission Counselor.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $48,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be inclusive. Be dynamic. Be engaged. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible and independent management experience in a collegiate admissions office and/or higher education and student affairs environment
- Valid driver's license
What you will need:
- Ability to work well with high school and college age students as well as racially and ethnically diverse populations
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other computer software
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience in an admission office at a collegiate institution
- One year of campus events experience at an accredited institution
- Relevant work in counseling and other student related activities or in community organizations, secondary schools and educational agencies
- Experience in staff supervision
- Knowledge of CU Boulder
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 21, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10945.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10045 - Admissions
Posting Date: Sep 7, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 21, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00003228