* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Facilities Projects Department
Position #00738520 - Requisition 11030
Jobs in this career family provide professional management of operation, maintenance and renovation of University buildings and equipment. Functions include fire protection; physical plant operations; power systems and utilities management; custodial, skilled trades, grounds and waste management; and materials management including property, mailing, inventory and distribution services.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Move Coordinator. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position serves within the Facilities Projects Department and is responsible for preparation, planning and management of assigned program/departmental relocations occurring on any of the University of Colorado Denver Campus, Anschutz Medical Campus, CU South, as well as leased space, to include programs on the Auraria Higher Education Campus. This position exists to act as a supporting role to liaison between the program/department moving, supporting service providers and the contracted move company as well as any sub-contractors while protecting CU Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus interests and integrity by providing professional move management services.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Transition planning for program/department physical relocations
- Move range from small and large scope office to research lab relocations to major projects involving brand new facilities or space leased by the University.
- Attend and participate in planning, building construction/renovation, program/departmental and remediation meetings that impact a move project.
- Support the Transition Project Manager in obtaining, coordinating, reviewing and providing estimates for relocation as well as reviewing of invoices for approval prior to payment processing as well as data base entries for tracking. This includes Move Company, specialty vendors and leased items that require movement by the vendor. Ensures moves are coordinated to stay at or under allocated budget.
- Serve as backup contact for assigned move projects for programs that are relocating, the supporting service departments, construction team, design team, and Move Company. This includes ensuring proper building services and electrical are in place for equipment.
- Ensure that space allocation for programs requesting moves are in place.
- Participate in Campus Space Advisory Committee as part of this compliance and provides updates on recent or upcoming moves that may impact space planning.
- Coordinate and manage abandoned furniture for possible future use based on program needs. This to include review and rating of items to be disposed of when deemed surplus as well the relocation of the items to the programs that request the re-use.
- Ensure that departments requesting disposal of lab and or office equipment as well as computers and peripherals have followed the Space and Asset Management program's disposal protocol and/or Environmental Health and Safety's process for lab equipment and hazardous aspects of said equipment.
- Work with construction Project Managers on removal and proper disposal of items within areas to be renovated.
- Provide movement and placement of new equipment too large for the departments to receive.
- Support the Transition Project Manager programs with transitioning into new space and what resources are available to them to include off site support and Auraria Higher Education Center processes.
- Provide move coordination and management as well space planning services to other University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus campuses as requested.
This position must have the ability to gain the knowledge of University practices, policies, and internal resources as they relate to relocations. This includes, Telecommunications, ID Access, Facilities Operations, Environmental Health and Safety, Fire & Life Safety, Risk Management, etc. Must learn with campus logistics as well as off site leased facilities. Must have excellent customer service, organizational and communication skills, ability to work with all support, professional and executive level customers. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office suite and Excel.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $55,000 - $65,000 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in planning, business administration, public administration, facilities management, construction management, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year of professional level experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job.
A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel to multiple campus locations and to lease space in the Denver Metro area.
- Must possess and maintain a current, valid State of Colorado driver's license or be able to obtain one within 30 days if hired.
- Must have a car or be able to access a vehicle to travel to needed move locations. Employee will be reimbursed for mileage driven specifically for a move and move coordination meetings and walk throughs
- Must be willing able to adjust working schedule based on specific move needs. Normal expected schedule is Monday through Friday during campus business hours.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
- Experience working with floor plans and drawings.
- Experience in managing large relocation projects within a similar campus environment.
- Experience in furniture space planning and knowledge of building codes related to exiting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and stay composed. Ability to
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Sharon Anthony at Sharon.Anthony@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application deadline: September 25, 2017
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60084 - ADM-AVCFP Major Bld & Lrg Proj
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 25, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Sharon Anthony
Posting Contact Email: Sharon Anthony@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00738520