Student Affairs Program Coor
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Student Affairs Program Coordinator
Position #00738740 - Requisition 10987
Jobs in this career family support students' emotional and physical well-being and intellectual, cultural and social development outside the context of the formal instruction program or traditional academic unit. Functions include student counseling, career guidance, residence life, multicultural affairs, support of student activities and organizations, recreation services and intramural athletics administration.
Nature of Work
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Student Affairs Program Coordinator. This full-time, University Staff (non classified) is a member of the school's admissions, student life and inclusion team. As such, the program coordinator supports the School of Dental Medicine by working collaboratively with staff, faculty and students throughout the school and campus community. This is done through focus on prospective student engagement, student life, and student development. The position is expected to actively participate in all admissions, student life and inclusion meetings, events, and volunteer to assist in related programs as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities for the Student Affairs Program Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate all aspects of the SDM Student Orientation program for the entering dental students. Organize and coordinate the presentations of faculty, students, campus support services (International Office, Financial Aid, Diversity office, Emergency preparedness, etc.) and arrange the processing of student identification badges, parking, and student class photographs, etc. Independently assist, develop and verify the accuracy of all materials.
- Provide support for student events, including annual white coat ceremony, student recognition events, new student orientation week, graduation banquet, and commencement ceremony.
- Organize and distribute balloting for student organizations and committee representation.
- Coordinate and distribute Vital Source information to dental students. Responsible for notifying dental students and the collections of payments semi-annually. Take appropriate measures for non-compliance of payment.
- Represent supervisor at external meetings involving program operations. Serve as the liaison between the units. Staff and program clientele by interpreting rules, regulations and policies.
- In collaboration with faculty and staff, host recruitment events, and offer weekly tours to prospective students.
- Coordinate prospective student communication and engagement including managing a CRM and other student engagement tools.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $33,150 - $55,250 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in education, management, counseling, higher education administration, or related field is required.
- Four years of progressively responsible administrative experience, including experience with executive officer operations or similar positions are required.
- Appropriate knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to effectively manage an executive office are necessary.
- Relative generalist student affairs experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the degree.
- Two years student affairs work experience in a higher educational setting.
- Master degree in higher education administration or college student personnel.
- Experience working in a competitive admissions program in a higher educational setting.
- Experience using word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
-Knowledge of the University of Colorado, including its organizational structure, relationship to the Board of Regents, CCHE, the legislature and other governing bodies.
-Highly developed skills in serving as a coordinator of events.
-Ability to manage an effective office in an efficient manner.
-Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
-Ability to establish priorities in an executive office setting.
-Well-developed, professional skills in the areas of fiscal management and office management.
-Ability to deal effectively with employees throughout the organization, the general public and elected/appointed officials throughout the state.
-Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with students, faculty and staff.
-Ability to use technology effectively and appropriately to make informed decisions and recommendations.
-Demonstrated understanding of student development theory.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Shiela Otero at Shiela Otero@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: September 22, 2017 or until 50 applications have been received, whichever occurs first
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20415 - SDM-Student & Alumni Affairs
Posting Date: Sep 7, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 22, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Shiela Otero
Posting Contact Email: Shiela Otero
Position Number: 00738740