Receiving Room Assistant
8AM - 5PM
$35,376 - $49,596
Approximately 700 packages per month are delivered to the Boyce Hall Receiving Room. This position manages receipt of all packages using SC Logic software, maintains recipient database for accurate notification, ensures proper protocols are followed regarding storage of perishables, gathers packing slips and scans documents to Ebuy. Additional responsibilities include managing tracking lists for mandatory training, assisting with annual equipment inventory, distribution of mail, process outgoing fed ex requests, assists with ledger reconciliation, filing, and year end fiscal close processes.
Perform all duties with a high level of professionalism in customer service, courtesy and confidentiality. Work within a team environment providing support to coworkers.
Demonstrated administrative experience in an office environment handling coordination of mail and package deliveries, including verifying and logging various deliveries.
Demonstrated computer proficiency and ability to effectively utilize on-line systems, in particular using Microsoft Word and Excel
Experience using online financial systems to query information.
Skill in general accounting principles.
Skill in researching questions and making appropriate contacts for problem solving.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines in a busy work environment.
Ability to carry and move 30 pound packages and equipment in a safe manner.
Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
Ability to pay close attention to details and maintain strict confidentiality.
Completion of college-level coursework in a related field.
Demonstrated experience in a higher education setting.
Experience interacting diplomatically with the public in a high volume, continuous public contact setting.
Experience with UCR Storehouse Catalog, UCR trouble tickets, UCR Purchasing System
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview