Wellness Program Coordinator
Salary: $36,600 - $45,500
Title: Wellness Program Coordinator
Department: Student Mental Health
Date Posted: 09/07/2017
Position Information: The Wellness Program Coordinator will assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of multifaceted, campus-wide health education and promotion efforts as part of The WELL, R'Pantry, and Student Health & Wellness Services. This includes logistical support for presentations, lectures, campaigns, awareness events, workshops, training programs, and special events to the University community, based on identified and priority student wellness needs. Health education and programming topics include, but are not limited to: basic needs and food security, mental health promotion, suicide prevention, alcohol and other drugs, sexual health, stress management, and general well-being. The Wellness Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with health education and promotion efforts of new and emerging health issues identified to meet UCR students' needs. The Wellness Program Coordinator is additionally responsible for assisting with the administration and management of online health education module(s), and with general logistical and practical support for R'Pantry general operations which may include driving a university vehicle. The expected end date for this position is June 30, 2018 with the possibility of extension based upon the availability of continued funding.
Minimum Requirements: Interpersonal skills.
Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, and facilitation.
Skills associated with organization and time management to independently set priorities, coordinate and complete numerous assignments, and meet deadlines.
General knowledge of health and basic needs issues important to college students.
Basic knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Knowledge and understanding of the needs of a diverse student population.
Ability to exercise appropriate judgment and discretion, particularly in sensitive and/or confidential matters.
Verbal communication, written communication and organization skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Basic knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview