Academic Personnel Policy Analyst
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
The Academic Personnel Analyst has a dual responsibility for measured deliverables to the campus and serves as a campus level subject matter expert for academic compensation. The position reports to the Assistant Vice Provost for Academic Personnel, with dotted line reporting to the Vice Provost for Academic Personnel and the Data and Technology Manager. The position is customer focused, characterized by a high degree of collaboration and coordination. The Academic Personnel Analyst functions as the primary contact to the campus for Academic Compensation related questions and issues. The position provides professional analysis and support for academic personnel processes (e.g academic personnel review, recruitment, appointments, etc.), and participates in policy and procedure development and implementation. This position serves as the liaison and primary contact for designated organizational units on the campus. It is responsible for utilizing tools to assess, anticipate and respond to organizational AP-related needs of the assigned customer base. The Academic Personnel Analyst partners with the Academic Personnel Office team at large to deliver programs, initiatives, and to proactively plan and improve services. The position formulates partnerships across the campus to deliver AP services that reflect the strategic objectives and goals of the University, APO and the designated organizational units.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and influence, both verbally and in writing.
Advanced knowledge of applicable policy analysis techniques.
Advanced project management skills.
Advanced analytical/problem-solving skills.
Ability to apply/interpret systemwide, organization and college policies and procedures which govern academic HR.
Advanced knowledge of common organizational- or research-specific and other computer application programs.
Thorough knowledge of organizational or initiative processes, protocols and procedures.
Advanced knowledge of project management, team collaboration, online training and/or data analysis and reporting tools.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview