To provide administrative support to Facilities' Physical Plant managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and follow up on purchase orders for procuring goods and services relating to campus repairs and maintenance
- Ensure proper supporting documents accompany purchase order requests
- Facilitate timely invoice payments against purchase orders by coordinating with Facilities managers, Accounts Payable and vendors
- Maintain office supplies and coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Calculate and enter hours worked for 35 union staff members in Excel spreadsheet for Payroll Dept.
- Track and monitor paid time off for union staff. Maintain union personnel shift schedule.
- Maintain employee contact list, manager on call list, and weekend coverage schedule
- Create work order requests for university events on campus and coordinate with grounds crew manager to assist in directing crew for event setups and breakdowns
- Provide backup to work order desk administrator function by answering phone or emails regarding work order requests and using radio to alert tradespersons of any emergencies. Provide backup to work order billing function.
- Distribute mail, create ad-hoc reports and perform other administrative tasks may be assigned, as needed
- Critical attention to detail is a must to ensure accuracy of purchase orders and invoice payments. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also a must to provide superb customer service across campus.
- Coordinate with Facilities Managers, Accounts Payable, Procurement and vendors to ensure purchase orders and invoice payments arc processed timely.
Required Education: High School Grad
Preferred Education: College degree or course work preferred
Required Experience: 5+ years related administrative experience
Preferred Experience: 2+ years construction procurement and accounts payable office experience in a facilities management environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Required familiarity with work order systems. Knowledge of Kuali financial.
Office of Finance & Administration for Facilities
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police