The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) in Philadelphia, PA is seeking a contributor with Higher Education experience and Spanish fluency for the role of Vice President. The Vice President reports to the Senior Vice President for Accreditation Relations, serves as staff liaison to MSCHE member institutions, and supports the peer evaluation processes and accreditation activities of the Commission. Interfacing with key stakeholders at member institutions, the Vice President creates working relationships focused on accreditation. The Vice President supports the Commission and its committees by participating actively in accreditation decision-making processes. This position also provides conceptual leadership and guidance in the development of policies, procedures, and training and requires substantial travel.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Serve as staff liaison to a group of institutions representative of the membership and support institutions through accreditation.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of and effective working relationships with member institutions through a variety of contacts including communicating about accreditation-related matters and strategies for institutional improvement related to the Commission’s accreditation standards.
- Interpret MSCHE policies regarding specific situations at member institutions, monitor the institutional developments and emerging issues, and develop appropriate MSCHE responses.
- Guide institutions through the application, candidacy, self-study, evaluation visit, midpoint peer review report, substantive change, and follow-up processes by conducting institutional visits, providing training, resources, and consultation, reviewing and analyzing institutional reports and materials, and providing other support as appropriate.
- Support the Commission and its committees by participating actively in accreditation decision-making processes.
- Analyze institutional reports and materials, consult with MSCHE committee members, Commissioners, and MSCHE staff, prepare oral and written reports to MSCHE committees and Commissioners, and propose appropriate accreditation action language.
- Support peer reviewers and other volunteers through accreditation processes.
- Guide the creation of peer review visiting teams and the selection of team chairs and provide support to peer reviewers and other volunteers before, during, and after institutional visits.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of the MSCHE strategic plan, policies, and processes.
- Contribute to developing and delivering training for MSCHE institutions, volunteers, and Commissioners.
- Regularly participate in MSCHE events.
This position is equivalent to an upper-level academic administrator. Successful candidates will offer significant teaching/administrative background, excellent written and oral communications skills, the ability to work independently, consultatively, and collaboratively and an adaptability to changing environments and responsibilities. A broad perspective on higher education and the ability to work with all types of institutions are essential.
A doctorate or other terminal degree is required. Prior experience with accreditation or other peer review processes is strongly preferred. Ability to communicate in Spanish both orally and in writing is required.
This position offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and work environment and is based in Philadelphia, PA.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter via this link: https://recruit.zohopublic.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?digest=wUKJ7psyOrA4CgEqKjvWGnGAUnkE7bVo.a85bxdBEmQ-&iframe=true&jobid=361327000000867066&widgetid=361327000000072311&embedsource=Embed
Additional inquiries can be directed to Beth Cessna at Beth@Cessnasearch.com. Contact 240/675-4033.