Assistant Curriculum Specialist
Assistant Curriculum Specialist
Mt. San Antonio College
Job Category: Classified
Time (Percent Time): 100%
Term (months/year): 12 months/year
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Salary Range: A-70
Salary: Steps 1 - 6, $3,719 - $4,746 per month
Health & Welfare: College contributes $10,946 toward annual premium for medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage. Lifetime retirement benefits provided for eligible retirees. The District participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers’ Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and MetLife Social Security Alternative Plan. *Note Salary and Health & Welfare Benefits are subject to change.
Department: School of Continuing Education
Open Date: 09/06/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Under the direction of the Dean, Services assists in the performance of a variety of specialized and technical duties by organizing, supporting, and participating in administrative processes related to curriculum maintenance and management within an office setting and using specialized curriculum database software. The Assistant Curriculum Specialist is responsible for routing requests for curriculum information for appropriate parties, screening calls, and prioritizing work flow.
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
• Retrieve, examine, and make revisions, as appropriate and directed, to curriculum documents submitted for review through a web-based curriculum management application
• Enter, code, and manage course data in a curriculum log and run queries and generate curriculum reports and documents using database software
• Retrieve and print curriculum cover sheets and course outlines of record in support of curriculum agendas
• Provides curriculum information in response to questions from various departments, students, and public requiring judgment, knowledge, interpretation of policies, procedures and regulations; routes to appropriate parties if outside area of knowledge
• Inputs data into computer systems e.g., class curriculum, schedules, student and faculty information; develops special statistical reports based on information
• Maintains a complex system of interrelated files and records; updates curriculum information as needed
• Assures timely distribution of reports, agendas, minutes and reports; collects, compiles and disseminates materials; attends various departmental meetings as appropriate
• Move courses through course approval stages using a web-based curriculum management system
• Create and manage faculty accounts and answer general questions about web-based curriculum management software
• Print, file, and maintain course related communications with pending course proposals
• Maintain archived paper files of course outlines of record including supporting documentation
• Participate in updating and proofreading curriculum-related information for the College catalog with a high-degree of accuracy
• Adhere to timelines and deadlines
• Use organizational skills to support the curriculum functions of the College
• Demonstrate problem-solving skills
• Interact collegially and sensitively with faculty, staff, and students
• Work independently on given projects and assignments
• Coordinate workflow with the Curriculum Specialist
• At the request of the Dean, perform a variety of unscheduled duties as appropriate for an assistant curriculum specialist
• Knowledge of English usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
Skills and Abilities:
• Review written text, identify data and information inconsistencies, and formulate questions about the text
• Problem solve and prioritize workload
• Use personal computers for word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications
• Interpret and follow policies and procedures
• Prepare and organize reports, documents, and materials
• Keep information confidential and to exercise a high degree of discretion and judgment in performing duties
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate effectively
• Be familiar with community colleges
• Be sensitive to a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff
• Use English efficiently to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
Equivalent to graduation from high school and three (3) full-time equivalent years of increasingly responsible clerical and database work, including two years in an educational setting.
AA degree and previous experience in a community college or similar environment are preferred.
License(s) & Other Requirements:
Employees may periodically be required to operate a vehicle that necessitates possession of a valid California driver’s license. Such employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Incumbents work in an office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances. Incumbents may interact with staff and/or public and private representatives in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone; may be required to operate a motor vehicle to visit various District and meeting sites. This is primarily a sedentary office classification although standing in work areas and walking between work areas may be required. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment. Incumbents in this classification occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push, and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Incumbents must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Instructions re: Confidential Letter of Recommendation:
Conditions of Employment:
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live-scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live-scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on September 26, 2017 are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
4. Two letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation).
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through the Office of Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAVEL POLICY: Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to $500 maximum. Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate.
THE MT. SAN ANTONIO COLLEGE DISTRICT WILL NOT SPONSOR ANY VISA APPLICATIONS.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The start date will be following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To be guaranteed consideration, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials are received before the initial screening date and time indicated on the job posting. Incomplete application packets will not be considered. All application materials will become College property, will not be returned, and will not be copied. Please visit our employment website at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to complete and submit your application for this position
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest
Cancel RTF Policy:
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION. THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/