Working Title Coord - Westside Outreach
Inspire Awesome with Eastern Washington University! We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position:
The Outreach Coordinator position reports to the Associate Vice Provost and is responsible for the administrative management, student advising, recruiting and coordinating specific outreach efforts of Outreach and Engagement in the Western Region of Washington State. This position reports to Outreach and Engagement but also conveys information with other University departments such as Undergraduate Academic Advising, Enrollment Management and Financial Aid Services, and is responsible for assisting students, prospective students and members of the community with general information about EWU programs and services, as well as numerous programs within Outreach and Engagement (OE). The position will represent EWU in the greater Seattle area and communities west of the Cascade Mountains by attending and coordinating events, creation and distribution of information, and as the liaison between EWU, Westside Community Colleges, and Technical Colleges.
This position has a significant impact on public perception and understanding of programs offered by Eastern Washington University in the Western Region of Washington State, and is critical to the successful and profitable growth of EWU outreach initiatives.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
- Position works in EWU offices located in Bellevue, WA (Bellevue Community College).
- Position requires use of a personal vehicle when performing job duties; proof of insurance and a valid driver's license are required for this position; mileage for use of personal vehicle for completion of job duties will be reimbursed at the approved state rates.
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
- This position is part of the PSE bargaining unit.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at email@example.com to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Required Qualifications:
POSITION SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Five years work experience in one or more of the following areas: recruiting, advising and registration of higher education students or experience in an administrative capacity within an academic work environment; or other relevant experience.
- Computer skills in a PC and mainframe operating environment, skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage diverse activities
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures involved in the recruiting, advising and registration of students at an institution of higher education
- Extensive knowledge of English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Eastern University colleagues and external communities
- Ability to speak effectively in public
- Ability to plan, coordinate and attend public events promoting OE off-campus outreach programs and locations outside the office as necessary
- Ability to develop and dissimulate information about OE and EWU programs using various forms of media
- Working knowledge of general office procedures and use of state-of-the-art office equipment
- Willingness to travel, including very occasional overnight travel, to represent EWU outreach programs to constituent groups; or to interact with colleagues at various locations
Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency and/or diversity.
- Experience in recruitment, marketing educational opportunities, event planning;
- Understanding of higher education.
- CRM or sales automation software experience a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must offer superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to become proficient at campus server information systems, etc., student information system, financial records system, alumni and foundation systems