Nursing Faculty, Full-Time
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions.
The Nursing program at Community College of Philadelphia is a select admission, ACEN accredited associate degree nursing program. The nursing program is also recognized as a National League for Nursing Center of Excellence in Nursing Education. Students learn in an integrated curriculum that consists of 4 nursing courses over the 2 year period. Evidence is placed on community based care, care of older adults, and faculty/student engagement.
The Department of Nursing invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position in Nursing to begin Fall 2018.
• Teach nursing in classroom, clinical, seminar and skills laboratory settings using current knowledge of best practices and activities strategies for teaching and learning.
• Ability to navigate technology in the classroom including learning management systems.
• Participate in the curriculum development process, including assessment of learning and program outcomes.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Actively participate in the academic life of the College; including participation in graduation, recruitment events, general assemblies, student life activities and other cross functional teams.
• Create learning opportunities for students inside and outside of the classroom including opportunities to teach dual-enrollment high school students.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom.
• Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College's faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention.
• Utilize innovative teaching strategies and technologies for online learning and other technology tools to meet the learning needs of a diverse student population.
• Maintain office hours to meet with students outside of the classroom and respond to questions or concerns.
• Commitment to professional learning and growth, student mentoring, and service to the profession.
• Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.
• Master's Degree in Nursing.
• Unencumbered Registered Nurse License in Pennsylvania.
• Current (last 2 years) adult medical/surgical practice experience.
• Previous teaching experience in an undergraduate academic nursing environment.
• Doctoral degree in Nursing.
Our benefits include:
- College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.