Secretary III, Revest
Job Title Secretary III, Revest
Job ID 996314
Location Wolfson Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
STAFF- Support Non-Exempt (SNE)
$15.62 - $19.52
Department Deans, Associate Provost or Associate Vice Provost
Open Until Filled
Provides administrative support to Department Deans, Associate Provost, and Associate Vice Provost. This is a temporary position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Arranges meetings with staff
- Maintains time and attendance records for co-workers
- Prepares or acts as backup for online payroll as needed
- Maintains calendar, correspondence and supplies
- Coordinates travel arrangements
- Maintains filing systems
- Types routine correspondence and statistical reports
- Prepares agendas and board packets for scheduled meetings
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors
- Records minutes of departmental meetings
- Accesses, inputs and retrieves information from computer
- Opens, sorts and screens mail and prepares outgoing mail
- Produces electronic information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics
- Makes decisions regarding dissemination of information, screening of visitors and deferral or immediate action in absence of supervisor
- Handles highly confidential information
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or two years of college in related field and three (3) years related experience; or a minimum of four (4) years experience performing advanced clerical work or a related area; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, Microsoft and database software applications and office equipment (i.e. photocopier, printer, fax machine, calculator)
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Ability to pass a MDC Assessment exam
- Typing skills 40 wpm
- Effective interpersonal skills in order to make sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed between himself/herself and coworkers, the supervisory chain, faculty, staff, students and customers.
- Ability to think, reason, and make sound judgments to decide how duties and responsibilities are completed in compliance with college standards and guidelines.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to make arithmetical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments