Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Marketing Specialist position. The Marketing Specialist will assist the Director in all marketing activities, including research, planning and implementation; advertising and media buying; and marketing communications plans. This position will be responsible for delivering creative, consistent and concise messages that support the College's mission, vision and goals as communicated through the College's websites, email campaigns and digital communications; and writing/editing content across all mediums, including print, online, radio, outdoor, television, direct mail, corporate communications and other collateral materials.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, English or related field required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Minimum of two (2) years' related work experience in marketing required.
• Ability to think creatively and effectively execute ideas required.
• Diverse copywriting experience required.
• Demonstrated ability to create content through self-generated concepts, research, interviews and other means required.
• Advanced writing and critical thinking skills required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Proficiency in grammar and copy editing/proofreading required.
• Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office and Internet search proficiency required.
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Media buying experience preferred.
• Previous marketing experience in higher education preferred.