Adjunct Faculty, Fire Science Technology
Job Title Adjunct Faculty, Fire Science Technology
Job ID 994880
Location North Campus
Full/Part Time Part-Time
FAC- Part-Time Faculty, Credit Classes
$50.00 - Base Rate
School of Justice
Fire Science Administrative Coordinator, Fire Science Program, School of Justice
Posted On An Ongoing Basis
Exempt- Not Eligible for Overtime Compensation
This adjunct faculty member teaches A.S. Degree courses in the area of Fire Science within the College's Fire Science Program in the School of Justice. Fire Science Technology (Credit) Firesafety Inspector Preparation Courses (Credit)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluates and advises students
- Recruits students
- Instruct, assess, and provide support for students
- Adheres to college policy and procedures, specifically deadlines for grade roll, purge roll, and other requirements
- Responsible for maintaining current certification(s) in their field of expertise
- Creation and updating course competencies and class syllabi
- Providing students with recommendations and identifies academic improvements as needed
- Providing current, modern teaching tools/materials
- Assisting in the assessment of student learning outcomes; participating in department activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Public Administration / Management / Organization Leadership or related field, and an Instructor II or III certification from the Florida Bureau of Standards and Training is required.
- Requires sensitivity to, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of college students.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, evenings preferable.
- The Fire Science Program pre-screening, and required PowerPoint presentation and interview are required before being recommended for employment.
- Six (6) years experience in the field