Web Marketing Coordinator
Job Title Web Marketing Coordinator
Job ID 996328
Location Wolfson Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
ADMIN - Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC)
$54,948 - $68,685
Office of Communications
Director of Communications
Open Until Filled
The Web Marketing Coordinator is responsible for creating, distributing and tracking search engine marketing campaigns and email marketing communications for the College. This role coordinates with other marketing professionals within the College to ensure that internet marketing efforts represents the college well and are in line with efforts offline. This is a Professional Exempt Contractual (PEC) position for which an annual contract reflecting the base salary within the fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th) will be issued after ratification by Miami Dade College's District Board of Trustees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with a cross-departmental team of staff to collect and synthesize content to feature in e-mails and pay-per-click (PPC) ads
- Formats e-mails using College brand/style guidelines and existing templates
- Selects and edits appropriate photos and graphics
- Creates and manages PPC campaigns for the college
- Works with internal staff to leverage the College's database of contacts
- Reviews campaign metrics and provides internal staff with performance analysis
- Keeps the College abreast of trends and best practices in e-mail marketing and search engine marketing to make campaigns more effective and efficient
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field of study and six (6) years of professional web content writing experience; or Master's degree in related field and two (2) years of professional web content writing experience
- Three plus years of experience in e-mail marketing
- Certified Google Adwords specialist
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals, and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of e-mail marketing best practices and adapting print copy for e-mail readability.
- Ability to adhere to in-house brand, style guidelines, and mailing schedule.
- Familiar with bulk e-mail software such as Lyris HQ (preferred) or other e-mail service providers that use a WYSIWYG editor.
- Working knowledge of Google Adwords and Microsoft Adcenter
- Knowledge of HTML
- Possess strong project management skills, detail-oriented, reliable, and able to meet deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Ability to work well in a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and weekend assignments
- This function/position has been designated as essential. This means that when the College is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at the College.