5170 eLearning Specialist - Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II
#5170 eLearning Specialist - Administrative Analyst/Specialist Exempt II
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary Range: $4,693.00/month to $7,769.00/month. PLEASE NOTE: The starting salary will be between $4,693.00/month to $5,700.00/month.
CSUEB offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CSU EAST BAY:
California State University, East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, California State University, East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, California State University, East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position is a full-time support position for online/hybrid programs and courses. CSU East Bay Online Campus is charged with: implementing quality standards for online and hybrid courses; increasing the number of online courses/programs; providing curriculum support related services; overseeing online courses transformation initiatives, maintaining and supporting teaching and learning related systems, and all other support initiatives requested by the Office of Academic Affairs.
This position is responsible for supporting users, supporting use of course quality assessments instrumentations for online courses, extending curriculum support services and online faculty support hours when necessary, and helping faculty to prepare online or hybrid courses. The individual sought for this position will take the responsibility for curriculum support tasks assigned by the Senior Director of Online Campus.
Work with college(s)/program(s) and faculty members to plan, assist, and conduct course-level curriculum review, development, redesign, online faculty curriculum support, and user LMS support.
* Plan meetings with faculty or program chairs, team members, and/or stakeholders to discuss and update projects.
* Track course-level curriculum development, redesign, semester transformation, and implementation milestone for each assigned courses.
* Work with college/program/faculty members to provide recommendations for curriculum design and quality programs (QOLT or QM) related topics or training.
* Work with assigned faculty members to prepare the assigned courses ready for semester transformation by the end of each course project cycle.
* Work with assigned faculty members and create course shells for the upcoming course offerings.
* Work with assigned faculty members and provide proactive optional technical review 30 days prior to courses offering to ensure course readiness, accessibility, usability, and compliance to college/institution/federal/accreditation requirement.
* Provide suggestions for curriculum and instructional development process, technical review process to the Senior Director.
* Work with assigned faculty members to prepare courses ready for regular quality assessment program or certification.
* Provide online/hybrid faculty members with curriculum design support assistance during extended support hours. (when available)
* Assure accessibility of course-work and support.
* Assist the Senior Director on coordinating Online/Hybrid Course Quality Transformation grant.
* Assist the Senior Director on coordinating, planning, and/or designing other innovative Online/Hybrid course Quality Assurance initiates.
Provide hands on services to create content, convert content and/or place content to appropriate learning platform as directed by the faculty members, college/program chairs, and Senior Director of the Online Campus.
* Work with assigned faculty members and conduct hands on support to convert content for faculty members with their permission.
* Work with assigned faculty members and conduct hands on support to create multimedia/adaptive learning content or adapt other new instructional technology for faculty members with their permission.
* Create and update instruction sheet, video, web pages, and/or other communications for faculty on best practice, FAQ, or other relevant topics.
* Work with college/program/faculty members and place approved course configuration or alternative content format in an appropriate learning platform or tools.
* Work with faculty and instructional designers/ eLearning Specialists to develop and implement customized eLearning solutions that support learning strategies and objectives.
Coordinate graduate or work-study students and collaborate with necessary campus team members to get the course ready by the end of each course project cycle.
* Coordinate graduate or work-study students¿ tasks as necessary.
* Work with assigned faculty members and inform campus team members regarding any updates of assigned courses and necessary technical support issues in a timely manner.
Other related duties/tasks as assigned by the Senior Director.
* Broad knowledge of online course curriculum design and development.
* Broad knowledge of instructional technology or educational technology.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and faculty members.
* Working knowledge of Quality of Online Learning & Teaching instrument, Quality Matters program, or other related course quality instruments.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Possess good computer/Internet applications skills (email, word processing, Internet tools/applications, Web 2.0 tools).
* Broad knowledge of photo and graphics editing software, audio/video editing software, and other multimedia software/tools.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Education, Communication, Information Technology, or Multimedia related field.
* Experience related to online curriculum design.
* Experiences using learning management system(s) (e.g. Blackboard, Moodle) and other instructional applications.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
* A Master's degree in curriculum and instruction, educational technology, or equivalent.
* Proficient with Educational Technology and related multimedia software/tools.
HOW TO APPLY:
In addition to the standard CSUEB application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to http://www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice. The hiring committee will begin to review applications on or around November 1, 2017.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
California State University, East Bay conducts pre-employment screening that may include, but is not limited to: criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history. Candidates must submit to a background check before being offered a position with CSUEB. Unsatisfactory results of the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSUEB employees who apply for the position.
All California State University campuses, including CSUEB, will become smoke and tobacco-free effective September 1, 2017.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the California State University East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www20.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/upd/campus-security-report.html
All California State University, East Bay employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSUEB is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CSUEB does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.