Internal Communication Specialist
The Internal Communication Specialist will work with Student Affairs, Human Resources, IT, college deans, SUUSA, department chairs, campus leaders, and stakeholders across campus to develop and launch an internal communications strategy to engage and inspire faculty, staff, students, alumni and the community. The strategy will include implementing consistent visual branding, creating brand ambassadors, coordinating the crisis communication plan, and developing internal publications. The individual will field all communication to streamline campus communication including HR, IT, campus updates, events, training, awards, (and others) and disseminate information to appropriate audiences.
The role is critical in the Marketing Communication office and success will be measured on the quality and level of communication integration with leaders and key partners.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and manage an internal communication strategy
• Provide key stakeholders value to increase employee satisfaction
• Implement a branding style guideline and maintain branding across campus
• Develop and implement campus brand ambassador program
• Coordinate with campus bookstore, athletics, and others to develop and promote proper use of symbols on and off campus
• Develop and manage campus social responsibility strategic plan, program, and initiatives; produce CSR communication tactics including publications and advertisements to ensure ongoing communication to target publics
• Coordinate and facilitate focus groups and face-to-face questionnaires to collect feedback from key audiences, evaluate the university’s brand equity, and assist in facilitating appropriate brand management
• Responsible for internal communications content campus wide, including reminders, memos, emails, sponsorships, contests, fundraisers, marketing material, training, fitness program, benefits
• Oversee development and training of the internal communication response protocol to crisis situations
• Develop content for the company’s internal channels, ranging from an internal newsletter, HR announcements, video content, and brand-driven campaigns
• Research latest industry trends and best practices
• Hire, train, and supervise student support staff and interns
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, HR, or higher education related study required.
• 5 – 7 years of relevant work history
• Familiarity with a content management system
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and editing skills
• Experience working autonomously and collaboratively on a team and the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Solid knowledge in AP Style
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, manage time, and delegate
• Must be able to navigate successfully in a rapidly changing environment.
In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
• Master’s degree in marketing, communications, HR, or higher education preferred.
• 7+ years of relevant work history
• Demonstrated familiarity with higher education
• Experience in developing and implementing employee communications strategies and tactics
• Experience with intranet technology
Please click the link to apply: http://jobs.suu.edu/postings/1404