Senior Systems Engineer/Architect
Senior Systems Engineer/Architect
iXsystems is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to provide top-tier Enterprise customer support, working closely with the Software Engineering and Product Management teams to help define and evolve our line of open source and commercial FreeBSD-based Storage and Application hosting hardware + software appliances, including FreeNAS and TrueNAS. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure solutions which provide the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified Systems Engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or software engineering and analysis.
- Technical liaison between front-line Support Engineers, Software Engineering, Product Management, and Hardware Engineering.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools
- Work with our customers to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor performance, tune applications and subsystems. Test and measure application and storage performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Design and perform rigorous testing and evaluation of application and storage subsystems during the feasibility and developmental stages of new products
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level support for all storage related products, solutions and subsystems
- Guide, mentor, and advise less experienced support personnel.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, industry partners, and business customers are essential
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- Experience and understanding of the ZFS file system
- System Administration or Developer experience with the FreeBSD operating system
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of various application stacks
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of storage networking (NAS, SAN) and Cloud/Object Storage
- Experience with virtualization and containers (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box, Docker). Hyperconverged experience a plus.
- Experience with industry-standard monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
iXsystems is an industry pioneer in building innovative enterprise storage, server, and software products focused on Open Source technology. We build datacenter solutions for some of the largest and most forward-thinking companies in the world, and we also develop some of the world's most popular Open Source software: FreeNAS and PC-BSD. The driving principle behind everything we do at iXsystems is the belief that Open Source technology has the power to change the world through its process of open and collaborative innovation. This Open Source ecosystem enables us to succeed and helps us empower our clients to do the same.
With thousands of clients, in nearly every industry sector, iXsystems has been in business for nearly a decade and a half, remaining, profitable, debt-free, and growing consistently since our humble beginnings. At iX, creating an unforgettable customer experience and lasting relationships is our foremost focus: clients are treated like friends, and employees like family.
We're looking for talented, like-minded, hard working individuals to join forces with us in the fight to disrupt the traditional approach to building storage, servers, and software for the betterment of technology and the world as a whole.
At iXsystems, we pride ourselves on being unique. What makes us unique are the varied characteristics of those who have joined us throughout the years. Though we have many different personalities, this vibe helps bring us together to work not only as a team, but also as a family. iXsystems started this company with two good friends and a few loved ones, who shared a passion for Open Source and customer satisfaction. We expect each new team member to flourish in their position and share the same energy and drive, as well as embody the integrity, professionalism, and technical acumen that makes us the most unique and exciting technology companies in the industry.
At the heart of those values, iXsystems also revels in one simple fact -- that we have recruited the best. To welcome new members into the iX family, we offer great perks and benefits including (but not limited to):
*Great working environment, contributing and participating in a great team
*Ability to work closely with popular open source projects
*Competitive Compensation, based on experience (this role is base salary + uncapped commission)
*Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, personal, holidays, birthday
*Medical, Dental, Life, 401k - with some options being 100% employer paid premiums
*Lounge areas with darts, Netflix/Hulu, arcade games, music/jam room, and weight room
*Annual Company Picnic, Annual Holiday Party, BBQs, weekly fitness bootcamp, and bowling events
San Jose, CA
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:20:16 PDT