Assistant Production Manager
Position: Assistant Production ManagerLocation: Amherst, NY
The Assistant Production Manager manages day-to-day activities that include overseeing quality, production schedules, customer service, resource management (delivery routes, labor and equipment utilization, etc). Additionally, the Assistant Manager provides general oversight on all health and safety requirements, provide hands-on production support when needed, establish close working relationships with customers in order to meet or exceed their service needs, develop an effective shift model to meet customer needs and support the Manager in employee development, appraisals, cross training and flexibility.
- Responsible for developing a very close relationship with Customers in order to provide superior customer service
- Interact with Customers to maintain effective working relationships
- Support daily management of Center Production Activities including Management/Implementation of Corporate and BHQ Directives/initiatives, Administration and Adherence to Quality and Safety systems at Center Level
- Support activities for motivating, coaching, and developing employees
- Assist in controlling costs related to doing business relative to his/her production location
- Assists in developing and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Supports ethical leadership
- Successful candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related degree and 3-5 experience with managing production outcomes according to customer specifications (previous coating industry experience highly preferred) with 1-3 years supervisory experience.
- Previous success working manufacturing production cycles to meet or exceed delivery dates is essential in this role.
Oerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions, advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition, Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 13,500 employees at more than 170 locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.7 billion in 2015. The company invested CHF 103 million in R&D in 2015 and has over 1,350 specialists developing innovative and customer-oriented products and services.
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106 locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating centers is daily dedicated to further improving component performance and tooling productivity through coating technology. Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international team!
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance, dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible - then you should send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you require an accommodation during the application process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
Oerlikon (SIX: OERL) is a leading high-tech industrial group specializing in machine and plant engineering. The Company is a provider of innovative industrial solutions and cutting-edge technologies for manmade fibers manufacturing, drive systems, vacuum, surface solutions and advanced nanotechnology. A Swiss company with a tradition going back over 100 years, Oerlikon is a global player with around 15 500 employees at over 170 locations in 35 countries and pro-forma sales of CHF 3.6 billion in 2013. The Company invested in 2013 CHF 146 million in R&D (pro-forma 2013), with over 1,200 specialists working on future products and services. In most areas, the operative businesses rank either first or second in their respective global markets.The new Oerlikon Surface Solutions Segment has around 6,000 employees worldwide, operates 110 coating centers and generates sales in excess of CHF 1 billion. Both business units, Oerlikon Balzers and Oerlikon Metco, have been at the forefront of the development of pioneering coating technologies for decades.
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 20:04:53 PDT