Department Chair, Marketing, Logistics and Operations
The Glenn Jones College of Business seeks applications to fill a Department Chair—Marketing, Logistics & Operations Management position. This full-time position oversees courses in the BSBA, MBA and PhD programs, and is responsible for curriculum and course development and ensures quality teaching of FT and PT faculty.
- Doctorate degree in Marketing or related field from a regionally accredited university.
- Coursework or background in Digital Marketing a plus
- Online teaching experience required
- Experience supervising faculty
- Course development/ instructional design experience [Bachelor’s and Masters level]
- Scholarly/applied research publication
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in virtual teams
- Oversees department contributions including curriculum and course quality, assessment of learning, and staffing and performance of teaching faculty.
- Leads student engagement, persistence, and retention efforts.
- Teaches the equivalent of 90 student per year.
- Actively participates in University service, including academic governance committees and dissertation committees.
- Develops and maintains courses in subject areas matching expertise.
- Engages in scholarly and professional activities [such as publication in peer reviewed journals, presentations at conferences]
If you meet the qualifications outlined, you may apply by following the steps outlined within this application process. Please ensure the cover letter, CV, and references are all saved as one document when uploading into this application. The file/document should include the following:
- Letter stating motivation and interest in the position; experience relevant to the qualifications
- Current and complete CV including details on teaching, research, and service
- 3 professional work references (names, email addresses, phone numbers)
Position will remain open until filled.