Associate Department Chair
San Diego, CA
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent, regionally accredited not-for profit professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Applied Clinical Psychology program is a post-master's Psy.D. program. Students complete two years' of coursework covering advanced topics in psychology. They complete a practicum in the second year, and the third year is dedicated to a full time internship. Students complete a dissertation as part of the program.
The Associate Chair provides support to the Chair for the well-being of the department as it relates to education in the field of Clinical Psychology. The Associate Chair provides leadership to faculty and students in strategic areas of the academic programs and reports to the Department Chair. The Associate Chair position provides a high level of autonomy within the duties assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a liaison among students of the Department, the faculty, and other administrators.
- Establish Department teaching assignments on his/her respective campus and communicate Department course schedule(s) to the Department Chair.
- Recruitment and retention activities related to maintaining enrollment in the department
- Recruit and manage adjunct faculty at his/her respective campus
- Coordinate and communicate to the appropriate University officer(s) any accreditation, program review, or assessment(s) required of the Department for his/her campus.
- Participate in due process required for faculty, students, or staff as described in current policies or procedures.
- Represent the Department at Information Sessions, New Student Orientation and other related events on his/her campus.
- Serve as faculty advisor to students on his/her respective campus
- Coordinate and evaluate academic advising of students of the Department on his/her campus.
- Create workshops/seminars to be held on campus 1x per semester to serve as outreach opportunities as well as additional educational opportunities for the students
- Present a didactic training at a local agency/counseling center 1x per semester
- Review, approve, and file course syllabi of the Department
- Mentor full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Attend faculty meetings and occasionally conduct these meetings.
- Coordinate with Student Services as needed.
- Participate in research and writing and assist Department Chair as requested on necessary self-study or program-related reports.
- Assist Department Chair in the strategic academic and budget plans for Department, including recommendations from the assessment and program review process.
- Assist Department Chair in achievement of departmental academic and financial goals.
- Supervision of the teaching, advisement, dissertation activities, and other duties performed by faculty members to meet department academic goals.
- Teach nine units of coursework per academic year.
- A doctoral degree in psychology, and a psychology license.
- Strong record of administrative experience in higher education.
- Teaching and academic administration at graduate level as well as professional experience.
- The Associate Department Chair must be an optimistic, action oriented leader who can motivate faculty to embrace these values in the classroom and within the institution.
- Experience with online as well as on ground teaching formats
- Must have a strong interest in the development of leaders, as this job requires the development of future leaders in the field through curriculum.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage operational processes including the program budget.
- Solid people development skills with a focus on providing opportunities for faculty and staff to excel.
- This is an environment that expects high productivity and quick response time, as well as the ability to minimize operational tasks and maximize creativity and innovation. The Associate Department Chair must be able to balance institutional priorities with program needs and initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and working in an environment of expansion and change
Applicants should submit a CV, 3 references, and a letter of interest.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology