Assistant Professor, Psychology
The Department of Psychology at Lewis University seeks an Assistant Professor. This is a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position beginning fall 2018.
Located 25 miles southwest of Chicago, Lewis University is a Catholic university in the Lasallian tradition offering distinctive undergraduate and graduate programs to a growing and diverse student population. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis prepares intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected, and socially responsible graduates. The seventh largest private not-for-profit university in Illinois, Lewis has been nationally recognized by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report. Visit www.lewisu.edu for further information.
- Teach 12 credit hours per semester, which may include but are not limited to: statistics, research methods, theories of cognition, psychobiology, introductory psychology, and developmental courses such as childhood adolescence, and adulthood.
- Academic advising of undergraduate students
- Active participation in departmental level committee work
- Active participation in college and University level committee work
- Active participation in departmental level assessment projects
- Assistance in curriculum development
- Support of student organizations such as Psi Chi and Psychology Club
Minimum Qualifications: ABD in Psychology. Demonstrated record of teaching excellence at the college level. Experience with online or hybrid/blended teaching.
Preferred Qualifications: Earned PhD. Content areas: developmental or cognitive psychology.
How to Apply: For a full description and to be considered for this position visit http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/2527
Lewis University is an increasingly dynamic institution. We offer competitive salaries and a complete comprehensive benefits package including generous health care and tuition reimbursement for self, spouse and qualifying dependents.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.