Research Data Analyst 2
Research Data Analyst 2
Job Number: 76231
Stanford Medicine, a global leader in teaching, research and innovation is creating a new central source of providing biomedical data to researchers. We envision a service
that provides de-identified or suitably documented clinical data to researchers for a wide variety of projects ranging from quality improvement through big data / machine learning algorithm development.
We work closely with Stanford faculty, MDs, Ph.Ds. and postdoc students to assist them with their data driven research projects, large and small.
We are looking for a data analyst who is passionate about healthcare, medical research and related data. This person would collaborate
closely with the research community, manage and analyze large amounts of information, typically technical or scientific in nature, independently with minimal supervision. The environment is fast paced and highly multi-tasked with many concurrent projects. The job is 70% customer facing and 30% data pulls.
Enjoy the benefits of working at Stanford Medicine, ranging from tangible health benefits and access to on-campus facilities, to the more intangible but highly rewarding knowledge that you are assisting world renowned physicians to improve human health and wellness.
- Prioritize and extract data from a variety of sources such as notes, survey results, medical reports, and laboratory data, and maintain its accuracy and completeness.
- Design and customize reports based upon data in the database. Oversee and monitor regulatory compliance for utilization of the data.
- Create complex charts and databases, perform statistical analyses, and develop graphs and tables for publication and presentation.
- Serve as a resource for non-routine inquiries such as requests for statistics or surveys.
- Work closely with other data teams, such as public health team (PHS) and cancer data team (SCIRDB) to help provide a unified data solution spanning multiple data sources.
- Experience with data modeling, and database programming
- Familiar with statistical methods, concept and tools
- Experience with ANSI SQL
- Natural Language Processing and machine learning
- Excellent communications skills
- Passionate about working with data
- Passionate about healthcare research
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Analytics
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.