The Management Communication Center in the Warrington College of Business at the University of Florida invites applications for a full-time Lecturer position in Management Communication. The position
- is a nine-month lectureship, annually renewable, based on positive performance evaluations
- carries a 12-credit teaching load, with opportunities for teaching compensated overload
- includes service to the Center and university
- comes with full benefits, including generous funds for travel to conferences
Support is provided, including moving expenses, administrative assistance, office space, computers, and other resources.
The position is intended to be ongoing, with an original three-year commitment, based on satisfactory performance. Faculty members holding the titles of "Lecturer" and "Senior Lecturer" may be promoted within the rank, if they achieve and maintain distinction in their performance in the areas of teaching and service.
The successful candidate will teach business writing in the undergraduate program, specialized master’s programs, and MBA programs, depending on demand. In addition to fulfilling these teaching responsibilities, applicants will be expected to maintain their professional qualifications through some combination of ongoing professional development, consulting experience, or research activity.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Successful candidates must be committed to working with broadly diverse student and community populations. The Warrington College of Business is AACSB-accredited.Advertised Salary:
Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualificationsMinimum Requirements:
- Discipline-related Ph.D., preferably from a professional, technical, or business communication program, or a rhetoric or communication program.
- Relevant experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching business or professional writing at the university level.
- Business knowledge and experience an advantage, but not required.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload a cover letter and curriculum vitae. Candidates will provide names and emails of THREE references and the application system will send automated emails to references requesting they upload their letters of reference directly to the application website.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) on December 15, 2017.
Final candidate will be required to provide official transcript to the Management Communication Center upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an educational institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/Health Assessment Required: No