Student Financial Services Data Analyst
The Student Financial Services (SFS) office serves as the College’s one-stop department for all financial services for students, families, and employees. The SFS Data Analyst reports to the Director and is responsible for optimizing the use of technology in the SFS office. This technical individual will serve as lead for the development and enhancement of SFS processing functionality and reporting.
Data Management and Reporting
- Function as an expert regarding all financial aid and student account data found in enterprise applications and enterprise warehouse, including the underlying table construct.
- Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries, analyzing data, and creating reconciliation reports.
- Develop reports for departmental needs and external reporting relating to financial aid and student accounts.
- Determine how best to use the Department of Education and third party servicer software to implement the required financial aid and student account policy and procedures to support the determination and delivery of federal and institutional aid to students.
- Utilize technology to provide increased efficiencies, faster services, and reduced costs.
- Keep current with technology by attending seminars and training.
- Develop and maintain system and processing documentation.
- Serve as a liaison to Academic Information Technology (AIT) department regarding product evaluations, PCI compliance, system modifications, process improvements, system upgrades and changes to enterprise financial aid and student account systems and related tables or modules.
- Assist in the resolution of technical problems in close collaboration with AIT.
- Provide staff with training and technical support for the SFS team as necessary.
- Participate in evaluation of new technology and systems.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Work collaboratively within a team environment and assist the Director in various projects or assignments as needed.