The Creative Technologist reports directly to the Associate Vice President of Marketing, and is a hybrid role between a creative and a developer. The Creative Technologist is responsible for identifying areas of opportunity to leverage digital tools and tactics for brand and creative projects and will be the main developer for brand enhancement and requests for our websites. They will work closely with creative designers, department strategists, and marketing department leaders to support larger marketing strategies as a digital subject matter expert and will be charged with identifying improvements in process. They will constantly explore new technologies to broaden their knowledge, while pushing the boundaries of technology and redefining what is possible for the marketing team.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for marketing and is a skilled developer. They must be open to feedback and comfortable handling risk and change. They will be a confident, self-motivated, and detail-oriented person with excellent communication skills who won't hesitate to jump in and work alongside team members on projects and tasks of all levels. They will be competent and driven and will have a positive attitude. They will possess initiative, good judgment, high awareness, and trustworthiness.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute development website updates that fall in line with brand enhancement objectives and compliance needs
- Responsible for the infrastructure, analytic, targeting, testing, and tooling requirements for websites and digital platforms other than our main campus properties. Contributes to enhancement of these sites
- Develop and execute solutions for better digital customer journeys and user experience for brand projects
- Collaborate on advertising campaigns, marketing communications, and other brand projects to enhance digital portion of each and performance overall
- Serve as subject matter expert for digital experiences that could enhance brand, being poised to provide and develop information/content for stakeholders and leaders across the organization
- Work closely with IT to optimize the marketing team's asset management system & processes
- Present to internal audiences to help educate, inspire, and provide thought leadership on interactive technologies to enhance brands
- Be an active member of the design team, contributing to every phase of the project with technical innovation, validation, and turning prototypes into reality
- Support photography and video needs for use on our websites, social platforms, and other promotional materials
- Knowledge of
- responsive web design
- web development
- graphic design
- relational databases
- application programming languages
- web and mobile technologies, and a variety of software is required.
- Ability to
- manage large complex projects and teams
- effectively negotiate/influence others
- communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
- analyze and problem solve a variety of issues
- carry out strategic planning
- create and deliver effective presentations to various constituents
- Creative problem solver
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for quality assurance to ensure project deliverables are meeting milestones and expectations
- Comfortable working with subordinates, superiors, clients, media partners, vendors, and associates at all levels
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced (sometimes chaotic) environment while maintaining a sense of perspective. Capable at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree or greater in marketing, communications, business, technology, or related concentration.
- Minimum 2-4 years of technical experience working with Web Applications, Web Design, and enterprise applications -agency & education, experience a plus
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TCS Education System