Human Resources Generalist / Benefits Coordinator
The Office of Human Resources at Bard College is seeking a Generalist/Benefits Coordinator with experience in benefit administration to join a small, dedicated team of professionals to provide quality interaction with a diverse population of faculty, staff, and prospective employees of the college.
The ideal candidate will have an outgoing and friendly personality, excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, discretion, confidentiality, attention to detail, and the ability to work well in independent and team environments.
The Generalist/Benefits Coordinator will work closely with faculty, staff, retirees, and benefit providers regarding the following benefit programs: health, dental, vision, COBRA, workers compensation, FSA accounts, etc. Experience in a higher education environment, Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance, and collective bargaining a plus.
The successful individual will be organized, efficient, and pay attention to detail.
- Administer employee benefits programs including, but not limited to, retirement plans, health and wellness plans, COBRA, health care spending accounts, long and short-term disability, tuition waiver and exchange programs, and dental and vision plans.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for worker’s compensation, leaves of absence, and unemployment claims.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of benefits processes by overseeing administrative tasks, responding to employee questions, researching employee issues, and monitoring and coordinating benefits communications.
- Assure compliance with applicable federal and state laws, including requisite filing and audits.
- Process monthly billing from all providers, review billings for accuracy, coding and payment, and resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll, and the college.
- This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws including FMLA, COBRA, and health care reform.
- Operating knowledge of HRIS and payroll functions.
- Experience and aptitude working with data management systems, such as Banner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send cover letter with salary expectations, resume, and list of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/44760
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity.