3rd Shift Team Leader
- Conduct start of shift meeting to review previous day (or shift) results, highlighting any problems or achievements, review shift targets, communicate quality issues, discuss recent continuous improvements implemented and address any concerns from the work center team while encouraging improvement ideas from the team.
- Re-enforce adherence to the standards within the work centers regarding standardized work, quality and maintenance.
- Communicate quality concerns and suggest corrective action where applicable.
- Report problems and abnormalities to shift supervisor immediately after a non-conforming part is produced.
- Be able to perform any operation within the work centers and be able to transfer knowledge (train) others how to follow the standardized work.
- Operate equipment in the department as per the equipment operating instructions
- Verify equipment safety inspection checklists are completed at the start of shift and follow up with associated work order where required.
- Follow maintenance procedures for all machines.
- Provide raw materials for work cells. Advise Supervisor and or Materials Department of continuing shortages and or misplaced and or mislabeled stock.
- Ensure finished goods are organized, handled and labeled properly.
- Ensure that all production and scrap are reported accurately.
- Document all required information.
- Initiate and/or participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Assist Set-up in coordinating and performing routine changeovers and set-up activities according to production schedule and customer requirements.
- Insure all changeover materials are in the work center and ready in advance.
- Advise Supervisor when a non-scheduled changeover is required.
- Assist team members as necessary in minor stoppages and repairs including PLC resets. Advise process/set-up/tooling/maintenance and or Supervisor if additional assistance is required.
- Verify through visual check, that all machines are set to the process parameters on the run sheets. Coach team members as necessary. Advise Supervisor of any continuing off standard conditions.
- Conduct layered audits as scheduled
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of off standard quality conditions. Ensure appropriate containment actions are in place. Ensure issues are communicated to all shifts. Advise Supervisor of any continuing problems.
- Maintain team communication board including - but not limited to: all indicators, training matrix, improvement ideas, etc. Advise Supervisor of shortfalls to production standards.
- Assist with cross training of team members and the orientation/training of new team members. Keep all Operator Training Books and matrices on display and up to date.
- Ensure Operators respect the Standardized work (Checking, Training, Coaching)
• Ensures level supplier releases and production scheduling based on customer requirements, management goals and objectives, availability of materials, capacity of equipment, etc. Contends with an uneven customer demand and adjusts production schedules to secure a stable, consistent level. Assumes sole responsibility for authorizing/releasing all materials used in respective manufacturing area.
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 13:08:02 PDT