Construction Superintendent-Safety Manager
Qualified Superintendent will provide Primestar clients with scope and specification development, permit execution, vendor coordination and quality assurance control systems. In addition, Superintendent will use proven communication skills and ability to foster client relationships to ensure the success of the program.
The Superintendent is responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day field operations to ensure that the project is completed on time and within budget. The experienced and fully competent Superintendent implements the project plan and schedule, ensures safety and quality control, and delegates work to field staff, subcontractors, and Primestar trades people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program to promote overall compliance of Primestar's HS&E standards, applicable OH&S / OSHA Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Control Program or equivalent
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, design drawings, and applicable codes and that high quality standards are maintained
- Develops, maintains, and drives the construction schedule in conjunction with project team; ensures project milestones and completion dates are met
- Works with project team to issue material and services purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment
- Supervises field employees and sub-trades, makes sure their work is planned and performed efficiently, and makes sure their time / production sheets are accurately coded
- Supervises sub-contractors to achieve all required project deliverables
- Mentors project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth
- Leads project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression
- Performs other related duties as outlined in Primestar's Operations Manual
- Negotiate and prepare agreements for successful execution of work, including bid packages and contract documents.
- Establish communication procedures, including the appropriate chain of command for all communications, for projects and set up an appropriate tracking system for necessary approvals.
- Establish meeting procedures and timetables.
- Ensure project documentation is accurate and coordinated.
- Provide updated progress reports on projects based on client requirements.
- Oversee construction activities, including coordination of Contractors and Owner contracted services and/or products.
- Conduct design coordination meetings, pre-construction meetings, site inspections, punch list meeting and final project closeout.
- Review all requests for information, changes requests, etc. and issue appropriate response.
- Ensure close out package is properly prepared for client.
The ideal candidate will have:
• At least 5 years of project superintendent or construction management experience in a Federal construction environment or other related construction project management.
• Full scope construction experience is required.
• Excellent communication and client service skills.
• Must be detail-oriented, have excellent interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, and have proven leadership skills.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction practices/techniques, USACE Quality Control, contract laws, project controls and building support systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
• The ability to handle multiple projects.
• Combination of work experience and/or technical training in an industry-related trade certification / education program
• Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
• Solid understanding of current construction practices
• Ability to guide safe work practices in a high pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget
• Working knowledge of construction documents, contracts, costs, and budgets
• Working knowledge of scheduling and project management
• Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders, interpret stakeholders needs, and identify solutions
• Capable of identifying construction related issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule
• Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
Primestar Construction is a general construction services firm, whose focus is always on efficiency of design, quality of work, and on-schedule performance. An SBA certified 8(a), HUBZone and ED-WOSB firm, Primestar's project management approach is designed to achieve the outcomes that all project stakeholders expect, while controlling costs, ensuring quality, and the completion of projects on time.
We have grown from our beginnings to a proven provider of multi-disciplinary construction services to the commercial, public, military and Federal government sectors. Primestar has a clear commitment to excellence and client satisfaction at all levels and at all times. We provide exceptional value added services at no cost to our clients including our Value-Add/Cost Engineering assessments and our Internal Quality Assurance Audit Program.
Fort Hood, TX
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 18:33:48 PDT