Sr. Associate Director for Career Development & Assessment, Career Center
The Sr. Associate Director of Career Development and Assessment will join a team of professionals who are committed to student success, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion. This individual will report directly to the Executive Director, and will serve as a member of the Career Center’s leadership team, providing supervision and professional development for a team of career advisors who assist undergraduate and graduate students in career exploration and the development of career competencies.
As a member of the leadership team this individual will need to be flexible, creative, strategic, and comfortable using data to develop plans for increasing student engagement. Although the responsibilities are varied, the below provides an outline of the primary responsibilities for the position:
- Supervision and staff development
- Building rapport and encouraging an atmosphere of collegiality, creativity and innovation
- Assuring the career advising team is providing exceptional service to students; providing advisors with constructive feedback and encouraging continual growth and improvement
- Leading strategic planning initiatives, as they relate to student engagement and programming
- Developing and delivering training and professional development opportunities for the Career Center staff
- Data analysis and assessment
- Leading learning outcome and key performance indicator initiatives
- Utilize data to develop strategic plans for student engagement initiative
- Collaborating with campus partners to fulfill data needs
- Create presentations and data reports for internal and external constituents
- Technology and resource management
- Leveraging modern technology for career services applications, including management of the Handshake system and the Hofstra Career Hub
- Assessing other career-related technologies and making recommendations on their utility
- Direct student service
- Provide career counseling at the highest levels to all student populations
- Demonstrating excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Spearheading creative career programs both proactively and on-request
- Staying current with trends in industry and career services
The successful candidate will be a committed and ethical higher education professional who cares about collegiality and focusing on students. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. The incumbent will have a service orientation, a mentoring philosophy, and possess the ability to serve the broad scope of the University. The ideal candidate will a demonstrated collaborative disposition and creative approach to problem solving.
The incumbent must be able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities, perform highly detailed work, and be able to leverage technology tools, including social media. Extended hours will be required on an as needed basis, including occasional evening, early morning and weekend assignments.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a University career services setting, with a minimum of two years in a supervisory role. Candidates who hold a Master’s degree in higher education, counseling, or closely-related field are preferred.
For consideration, submit the following items in a single document:
- Cover letter;
- Contact information for three references (references will not be contacted without prior knowledge of the applicant).
Combine all documents into a single file and send them to: Michelle Kyriakides, Ed.D., Executive Director, Career Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sr. Associate Director Application” in the email subject line. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.