DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the strategic planning, development and implementation of the Youth ministry, and aligns the ministry with the vision and mission of the church.
- Coordinates all aspects of the 6 - 12 grade youth group, ensuring there is opportunity to develop fellowship, spiritual formation, discipleship and the experiencing of Christian community.
- Develops relationships and maintains regular communication with parents of participating youth.
- Serves as the subject matter expert with regard to youth development issues and trends, and as an advocate for youth.
- Educates the congregation regarding the needs of youth and provides solutions to meet those needs in the local church and community.
- Develops, supports and guides the work of the Youth Ministry Council in providing feedback, direction and an annual process of evaluating the vision and goals of the Youth Ministry in serving the vision and mission of the church.
- Recruits, mentors and develops the Youth Ministry staff and volunteers with the goal of developing their leadership skills.
- Responsible for obtaining resources to develop Youth Ministry programming, staff and lay leaders and seeks continuing education events and training opportunities.
- In conjunction with Christian Education, oversees the recruiting and training of teachers, facilitators and volunteers who work with students in all aspects of the Youth' Ministry and ensure adequate skill levels, volunteer support, and adult to youth ratios.
- Serves as liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and Youth Ministries.
- Partners with Christian Education to coordinate curriculum for youth with the adult ministries where appropriate.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values, and statement of faith of North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship (NDCBF).
- Prepares and submits a report of the mission, goals, plans and successes in youth ministry to the Pastor, Equipping as requested.
- Serves as a part of the worshiping community of North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship on a regular basis (attending one of the worship services every week).
- Develops an annual budget and manages the disbursement of budgeted funds for Youth's Ministries within the guidelines of the approved budget and in adherence with the purchasing policies of the church.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrates high integrity working in a faith based organization and adheres to the guidelines, bylaws, and policies set forth by NDCBF.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A sense of calling to youth ministry; ability to work with youth and young adults.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to youth ministries.
- Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for youth ministry.
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-starter, and excellent at following through on details.
- Possesses the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Possesses the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to minister successfully across cultural lines.
- Proven leadership skills utilizing a cooperative, collaborative team leadership style.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationships in a multi-cultural church setting with supervisors, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Possesses the ability to understand and to keep current on issues related to safety and security resulting in the implementation of associated activities and safeguards.
- Proven ability to achieve results.
- Preparation for serving as an ambassador of Christ to others.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree with formal training in Ministry, Christian Education, or a related field.
- Masters degree preferred, not required.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years proven expertise in administration and formal training in Youth Ministry required.
- Non-profit or ministry experience with a faith-based organization with at least 500 member/attendees is preferred.
North Dallas Community Bible Fellowship was founded on September 12, 1989 as a non-denominational assembly of believers. Our average Sunday attendance is 2000.
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 17:14:05 PDT