Lead in the planning, directing, and coordinating of the facilities activities at a School located in the Cincinnati area. This position will ensure the school's needs are met and/or exceeded by self-performing or managing the site staff. Must be willing to work nights and weekends, if needed, for emergencies and school events. Must take ownership of the facility to insure projects, cleaning, repairs and events are completed on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Include the following, but other duties may be assigned.)
• General Building Maintenance Skills
• Strong Mechanical Aptitude
• HVAC Experience is a plus - troubleshooting, repairs, Roof Top Units, Air Handlers, Boilers, Humidification Systems, etc
• Plumbing Experience (license not required) - water heaters, water fountains, restroom fixtures, and eye/shower stations
• Electrical Experience (license not required, but desired) - emergency lights, exit signs, lamp sweeps, ballasts, switches and receptacles, power to production equipment
• Air Compressors, Air Dryers Skills
• Perform fire extinguisher inspections, minor fire system tests and inspections
• Carpentry Skills
• Patching and Painting Skills
• Grounds Care Skills
• Janitorial Skills
• Floor Care Skills
• Participate in monthly and bi-monthly meetings with customer
• Manage custodial staff and insure school is clean
• Insure repairs and project are completed on time
• Proactively audit site for short term and long term needs
• Ensures we are serving both internal and external customer's needs
• Ensures that all paperwork and the work-orders from the facility are completed accurately and timely
• Prepares for and attends required customer and TDG meetings including regular staff meetings and client meetings
• Able to perform required work orders as needed
• Must possess strong leadership for supervision of site staff
• Maintains site supplies inventory
• Maintain work order management system
• Develop key client relationships
• Work with the Operations Manager to maintain the facility within the approved budgets
• Compile bids from contractors to establish budgets for required projects/initiatives
• Reads and interprets building drawings
• Perform scheduled and planned maintenance on building equipment
• Responsible for accurate and timely paperwork related to essential duties and responsibilities
• On call during non-working hour
• Duties will include daily cafeteria assistants.
• Cleanup as needed for spills and other emergencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess strong leadership/management and communication skills, good interpersonal, technical, troubleshooting, mechanical, organizational and self-management skills to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Candidates will posses (at a minimum) an intermediate knowledge of computers and software including MS Office including Word, Excel, E-mail & Intranet use and CMMS.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited college or technical trade school; and/or 5 to 10 years experience, including site management, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, Fire Protection and all areas of facility management and technical systems are pluses; and/or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
High Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
Intermediate Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Intermediate Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form. Ability to successfully multi-task and deal with multiple problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Collate multiple equipment commodities and building systems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• MUST be able to pass FBI Background and Drug Screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. 1/2 to 2/3 of a typical workweek is spent standing, walking and sitting. Less than 1/3 time spent lifting object over 25 lbs.
TDG is a rapidly growing, family owned, commercial based Full Service Facilities Management Company operating out of Blue Ash, OH and serving the entire Greater Cincinnati and Midwest region of the United States. We are a single source provider of all Building Maintenance, Grounds, HVAC, Cleaning, Design, Space Planning and Move Management services. Our clients outsource their Facilities Management function to us to drive improvement and cost savings in this area of their business.
Fri, 1 Sep 2017 05:59:01 PDT