Controller for Construction Company
General Contractor located in Queens, NY seeks a Controller to oversee all financial aspects of the Company and will work closely with Senior Management on a daily basis. The Controller will also supervise the work for accounting and main office staff and must work well with others and exemplify strong leadership skills.
• Quarterly Financial Statements
• Annual Sales Tax return
• All tax, workers' comp and union audits
• Provide Senior staff with Weekly Financial Update
• Generate monthly project invoices and generate all required documents
• File federal 941 and state tax filings quarterly with withholding tax payments made as required
• Monthly job cost reporting with variance analysis
• Ensure that all quarterly estimated tax payments are filed (federal, State, & city).
• Ensure all projects are fully billed and paid before closing
• Assist in accounts receivable collection activities
• Assist / review payroll submission, including union reporting and certified payrolls
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Issue yearly 1099s
• Issue employee W-2)
• Prepare, review and direct the day-to day operations of the Accounting Department
• Send insurance certificate to New York DOB and DOT. Oversee the issuance of Construction Permits and their timely renewals
• Review all policy renewals on an annual basis
• Handles all aspects of workers' compensation, property and GL policies.
• Ensure all bonding company requirements are met
• Manage all existing claims (General Liability & Workers Comp)
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA or CPA a plus
• 8 -10 years in fiscal management
• Experience using Sage/Timberline, with the ability to write/create custom reports and close periods in the accounting software.
• Answer / instruct employees on how to do tasks in Timberline
• Strong Excel required
• Experience in staff supervision
• Must have exceptional organizational skills
• Must be able to work independently and be able to manage time effectively.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Construction Managers, Engineers, General Contractors
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 04:27:17 PDT