RN Care Manager
An employee in this role provides telephonic and in-home assessments of members' medical, psychosocial, physical and spiritual needs. He/She develops, implements, and monitors care plan, and ensures continuity of care across all healthcare settings by collaborating with the interdisciplinary team, PCP, member/member's representatives, and specialists. Utilizes benefit structure and community-based resources to meet member's needs. Educates members on disease processes, preventative health, and quality of life interventions.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program, Bachelor's preferred.
- Minimum three to five years nursing experience in long term care, managed care, home care, geriatrics or hospice.
- Prior experience in an interdisciplinary service delivery environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- License/ Registration: Current RN in New York State. CCM Preferred.
- Strong assessment Skills, organizational, communication, written and verbal skills
- Ability to work independently or without direct supervision.
- Strong Comprehensive care planning skills.
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b and Vacation Package.
In 1875, Isabella began a tradition of caring for those in need. It became a home for those who did not have one in their later years, offered nursing care for people with chronic illnesses and convalescent care for those who could return home. More than a century later, most still come to us for the same kind of care.
As always, in addition to their medical conditions, they come with those other personal, emotional and spiritual needs which are part of the human condition.
We pledge to meet all those concerns in a safe, secure environment, in either their home or ours.
This commitment is founded on the realization that all individuals, irrespective of age, frailty or vulnerability, have an inherent claim to be treated with dignity, respect and compassion.
For those with family, we will assist in time of stress; for those without, we will be family.
To meet these goals, Isabella must have and maintain a diversified team whose members are dedicated and highly skilled in their disciplines. For compassion without competence is hollow service.
Such a staff must not only be recruited, but also nurtured, educated, and encouraged to grow individually.
In large measure, our staff comes from our community, and from its inception, Isabella has received much from it.
In return, we pledge to play a key role in building and strengthening our neighborhood.
The enduring needs of those we serve may have been much the same through the decades, but the challenges are found within a changing society in which we must provide them.
New York, NY
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 11:59:11 PDT