Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations - College of Engineering Administration (A1700545)
Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations. The Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations is a member of the central advancement team and will be primarily responsible for providing service to the Departments of Aerospace Engineering; Bioengineering; Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering; Materials Science & Engineering; Nuclear, Plasma & Radiological Engineering and Physics. The position will manage strategic programs and processes that will foster and sustain long-term meaningful relations between the Departments, their donors and the College of Engineering. The position reports to the Senior Director of Constituent Engagement who reports to the College of Engineering Associate Dean for Advancement.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborate effectively with Central Advancement Team, Department Heads, front-line fundraisers, donors and others in facilitating the establishment of named funds, monitoring spending of funds, tracking beneficiaries of funds and reporting back to donors on the impact of their giving.
- Responsible for creating meaningful opportunities to engage, thank and retain current and future donors.
- Manage funds to ensure donor intent and college needs are respected.
- Generate creative solutions for stewarding donors in order to advance the Department(s) and College's efforts to maintain and strengthen high-quality individual relationships with donors working in close partnership with gift officers.
- Coordinate contact between donors and scholarship recipients.
- Advise on and facilitate the recognition of donors in both print and web-based publications in collaboration with Communications.
- Work with Central Advancement Stewardship team to determine and develop best practices and communicate with those departments.
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 years of advancement experience or 3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to appropriately manage sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to research and organize information and data with accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success working independently and as part of a team
Preferred Requirements & Qualifications
- Experience in university advancement and donor relations
- Knowledge of the College of Engineering at Illinois.
The Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references as a single PDF file by September 24, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Sarah Musselman, email@example.com, 217-244-1056.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator of Stewardship and Donor Relations - College of Engineering Administration (A1700545)
Open Date: 09/06/2017
Organization Name: Engineering Administration