Business and Financial Analyst - Office of Student Financial Aid (A1700544)
Business and Financial Analyst
Office of Student Financial Aid
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are being sought for a Business and Financial Analyst in the Office of Student Financial Aid (OSFA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Under the direction of the Senior Assistant Director this position will provide business and financial oversight, reporting and analysis for the Office of Student Financial Aid. OSFA is responsible for the administration of federal, state and institutional financial aid programs totaling over $843 million annually and for providing financial aid information and services to our 44,000 students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial oversight of 400+ Office of Student Financial Aid operational and scholarship, grant, and loan accounts including state, federal, gift/endowment funds and non-university funds. This includes: formulating budget projections, managing the availability of funds and expenditure levels, creating reports, initiating budget transfers and ensuring all FY opening/closing processes are completed in accordance with University policies. Some accounts must be fully expended in the current award year and other funds are used to make multi-year awards. Exercise independent judgment in determining the number and amount of awards that should be made each academic year as well as the amount of funds that must be held in reserve for multi-year awards. Use historical campus data including yield and retention information to making these determinations.
- Responsible for devising the strategies that will be used to complete a comprehensive review of all fund agreements for compliance with donor intent and accumulation/deficit status. All Fund balances are reviewed on a yearly basis and fund agreements are reviewed on a 5 year schedule (20% should be reviewed each year). This review includes interpreting the language in the fund agreements to ensure donor intent is met and making recommendations and providing guidance as to the awarding criteria that should be used in selecting scholarship recipients.
- Serve as liaison with University Offices and other related financial agencies. This includes but is not limited to the University of Illinois Foundation, Grants and Contracts, University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations, the Illinois Student Assistance Commission and the U. S. Department of Education.
- Oversee departmental expenditure approvals via the Travel and Expense Management (TEM) and P-Card systems. Manage disbursement and reconciliation of federal, state and institutional financial aid, accounting and funds management.
- Manage the monthly review and reconciliation of financial statements and procurement card transactions for the Office of Student Financial Aid,
- Responsible for completing the billing and reconciliation of scholarships that are funded outside of the University. Examples are the Stamps Family Foundation Scholarship, the Chez Scholarship and Evan Scholars.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive system for tracking, maintaining and processing all relevant financial data.
- In collaboration with the Senior Assistant Director collect information and coordinate audits for the Office of Student Financial Aid including Federal, State, Institutional and External Audits.
- Prepare federal, state, institutional and internal reports.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with the fixed assets inventory of office equipment with regard to University policy and procedures for the Office of Student Financial Aid.
- Ensure compliance with ANCRA, Ethics, Conflict of Interest and other campus policies. Ensure that State and University policies are followed.
Required education, experience and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum three years of experience managing budgets and business operations.
- Understanding of good business practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Preferred education, experience and abilities:
- Master's Degree
- Working knowledge of University business systems including Banner, P-card, and T-card.
- Understanding of State and University policies.
Procedure for candidacy:
This position is a full-time, twelve-month academic professional appointment and includes an excellent salary and fringe benefits package. The starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. For full consideration, applications should be received by September 20, 2017. Interviews may begin prior to close of the search, but a hiring decision will not be made until the search closes. Please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume, and the names/addresses/telephone numbers of three professional references. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates
upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Provost
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Business and Financial Analyst - Office of Student Financial Aid (A1700544)
Open Date: 09/06/2017
Close Date: 09/20/2017
Organization Name: Student Financial Aid-Admin