Course Developer- Healthcare Policy Subject Matter Expert
The Subject Matter Expert/ Core Course Developer is responsible for developing core graduate level nursing courses for the MSN program.
- Develop novel, current, relevant, and engaging nursing course content, based on the AACN Graduate Essentials.
- Develop learning outcomes, course assignments, grading rubrics to maximize teaching and learning opportunities across the life cycle of development.
- Use technology effectively to foster engaging course content/student learning.
- Contribute to the development of course and module learning outcomes
- Apply expert knowledge and skill to developing engaging course content
- Develop course guides, including learning activities, assignments, lectures, rubrics, etc.
- Source course resources and modalities to enhance the creativity & of the course content and delivery
- Incorporate innovation to create dynamic, engaging course content
- Submit course guides and materials to Lead SME according to established timelines and deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
- From a regionally accredited institution; a Master of Science (MSN) or doctoral degree in nursing or education
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time experience in nursing education
- A minimum of 2 years full-time experience in graduate nursing education preferred
- Experience with CCNE accreditation (preferred)
- Experience with online nursing education (required)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with nursing curriculum development (strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of general nursing principles and practices
- Strong knowledge of curriculum development approaches and current trends in nursing and healthcare
- Ability to deliver high quality work while meeting timelines/deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and video conferencing software
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, solve problems, and make sounds decisions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven organization.
- Strategic & critical thinker.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to and embrace continuous change.
Licenses and Certifications:
- RN (with an active and un-encumbered RN license)
- This is a part-time remote position that may require travel; up to 25%
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
2 years of recent (within the last 2 years) of experience working in, studying, or teaching healthcare policy.
Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Public Health (MPH), Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) degree, or practical experience in healthcare policy, including serving on task force or expert panel, or, serving on a healthcare policy-related committee within a professional organization at the local, regional, or national level, service on a state Board of Nursing for a minimum of one year, or two years of teaching experience in healthcare policy
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.