Center Director - Gainesville
Provide leadership for and coordination of activities of Saint Leo University at the Gainesville Education Center
Duties and Tasks:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of the staff and faculty at the Gainesville Education Center.
- Implement the University Strategic Plan and the Division of Continuing Education Plan of Operation as it relates to current and future activities within the Education Center.
- Achieve University budget requirements and appropriately expend University budget resources.
- Represent the University to appropriate public and private constituencies, including overseeing compliance activities with various regulatory agencies such as SACS, the US Military, and others.
- Implement various University academic, fiscal, and human resources policies.
- Seek out new ventures and opportunities in accordance with the University Strategic Plan and the Division of Continuing Education Plan of Operation.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in higher education administration preferred.
- Experience with non-traditional students preferred.
- Experience with Saint Leo University preferred.
- Ability to effectively manage competing demands and deadlines
- Ability to work with multiple business units and all levels of management
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1508
Job Locations US-FL-Gainesville