Director of Grounds
Provides supervision for grounds maintenance and landscape development services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the University. Implements business practices in order to uphold University mission and values.
• Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction in grounds maintenance and landscaping development services to ensure account retention.
• Fulfills contractual obligations to the client.
• Plans projects, including defining objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Saint Leo's strategic plan.
• Executes service quality by maintaining highest level of delivery.
• Promotes and supports workplace diversity initiatives.
• Directs daily grounds maintenance and landscape development service operations to ensure employees have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet goals and deadlines.
• Probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexho resource when necessary.
• Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing activities and monitoring operating standards.
• Manages by providing positive and constructive feedback to employees in order to reward, coach, correct and motivate.
• Assists in the development of new business service(s) for the client and implements the service program(s).
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations (e.g. quality assurance, safety, operations, personnel).
• Establishes a safe work environment for employees by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance and by ensuring compliance with Saint Leo University safety and loss prevention programs and with standards and procedures for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and/or waste.
• Manages the budget by controlling costs (e.g. labor, inventory, equipment, materials), complying with budget requirements and making adjustments when necessary.
• Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
• 1 or more years of supervisory work experience
• 1 or more years of related work experience
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect
• Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, and other University employees
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to work well alone and with a team
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and some holidays
Job ID 2017-1637
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo